Stalin Man of Steel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Aug 31, 2009.

1. #11     Aug 31, 2009
  2. No he's not.Russia became the second most powerful country in the world in a very short time because of him

#12     Aug 31, 2009
  3. You might want to read up on some of Stalin's atrocities, like the deliberate starvation of 20-30 million kulaks and the gulag system before you get too defensive about Stalin. He also entered a non-agression pact with Hitler, which Hitler later broke.

Interestingly, in the '40's he was something of a hero to liberals. They affectionately called him "Papa Joe". they Ny times was one of his biggest supporters. Their prize winning foreign correspondent in Moscow at the time was later revealed to have covered up or censored Stalin's crimes.

He was a tough man and basically ate FDR's cake and cookies at the infamous Yalta confab. Of course, FDR's administration was liberally staffed with communists who took their orders from Moscow Central, a fact revealed by Sen. Joe McCarthy, who of course was viciously attacked by the left as a result.

#13     Aug 31, 2009
  4. Don't waste time on jfcequette, he is a moron. Churchill said that Stalin found Russia with a scythe and left it with a nuclear bomb (or something similar). I repeat what I said before, any remaining symbol of great power status (nuclear weapons, UN security council veto) Russia has because of Stalin.

#14     Aug 31, 2009
  5. Agreed.

#15     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Here is something you may not know. During WWII Germans captured Stalin's son and wanted to trade him for a general (stalin's son was a private or a low ranking soldier not an officer or senior officer), Stalin said "we don't trade privates for generals" End result, Stalin's son got executed by the germans. Talk about country first. Do you think Dubya in a similar situation would do something like that?

#16     Aug 31, 2009
  7. There you go again. Presenting facts to retarded liberals.

#17     Aug 31, 2009
  8. Bakinec

Bakinec

No, it's you who don't have the intellect and sophistication to see that had it not been for the Communist rise in Russia, Hitler would never have risen to power in the first place.

Where the f*ck you think his support sprung up from? Who you think financed him? It's all the businesses and corporations that felt threatened by the leftist uprisings in Russia that started spilling into the rest of Europe, including Germany.

Otherwise, Hitler would NEVER have risen half as far as he did and never gotten the support he had gotten from the big money and the public.

I'm from Caucasus myself and basically closer to Stalin in terms of culture and genetics so I don't have any axe grind against him other than for his constant repressions and murder campaigns. What do you call sending half of North Caucasian ethnicities and all the Cossacks into labor camps in Kazakhstan and Siberia??

Fuck outta here.

Also, Russia was not backward. Nicholas was putting through a lot of reforms so overturning his rule by the Commies was one of the biggest mistakes and sins of history in mankind (leading to the rise of Nazism).

#18     Aug 31, 2009
  9. There are no facts. Joseph McCarthy wanted a campaign issue to elevate himself. If he suspected communists he should have quietly forwarded their names to Truman instead of public hearings and mass hysteria. He did not. What does it mean? McCarthy was a fraud.

Btw, when german tanks were near moscow, Stalin or any of his senior generals did not take guns and shoot themselves. Stalin was facing not only personal oblivion, he was also facing oblivion for his entire nation and people. You need to be a man of steel to not be broken by that.

#19     Aug 31, 2009
  10. I don't know where you are getting your numbers from but around 1 million people died in the gulag camps.I know the number is higher then that when you count people who died after leaving the camp or his other labor camps but it isn't anywhere near the 20-30 million you claim

People of the gulag camps were perceived as Enemies of Stalin and Russia and criminals.There is a difference between killing your enemies and criminals and killing millions of Jews and killing millions of others by attacking other countries

I am not saying that Stalin was right or that I agree with him,but there is a difference between killing for self preservation for him and his country then just killing for no logical reason

#20     Aug 31, 2009