STAA closed? How to get info on stocks not trading?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by DT1, Oct 3, 2003.

1. DT1

DT1

#11     Oct 4, 2003
  2. klein

klein

Checking the news on Yahoo or Marketwatch would have taken less than 5 minutes. It is foolhardy not to check the news on a stock you are planning to hold overnight. A professional news service such as Dow Jones etc. will make it even easier. For you own sake take the 5 minutes. It may save you thousands.

#12     Oct 4, 2003
  3. If you go to quote.yahoo.com and type in the symbol it will take about 30 seconds to browse the headlines and the "Company Events".

If you are holding overnight, you have to do this. Next time, you will not be so lucky as you were with STAA. Trust me, I have been there.

#13     Oct 4, 2003
  4. Toonces

Toonces

They don't always necessarily go up a lot after a recommendation. I guess the vote was 8-3 for approval. Then again, I was watching this after hours on Friday, and there were some traders posting bids around 15 for it. Of course, those bids are meaningless, since it was still halted. They could have just been playing around.

Really difficult to predict what will happen. We'll see Monday. Good luck!

#14     Oct 4, 2003
  5. Toonces

Toonces

If anyone has a position in IMDC, they're having a big FDA meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday. It should be halted one or both of those days, so close everything out by Monday if you want to be flat.

Actually I think they just halt it during the second day, so it may actually trade Tuesday. Not sure though.

#15     Oct 11, 2003