STAA closed? How to get info on stocks not trading?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by DT1, Oct 3, 2003.

1. DT1

DT1

Hi,

I bought shares of STAA yesterday. Trading did not resume today. How can I get information on what is going on? I have been on several sites including www.nasdaq.com but could not find any news on the stock.

Can somebody help?

Thanks,
    DT1

2. its halted for news. lets hope for your sake its good news.

3. DT1

DT1

I hope so as well. Where can I see this info? I have been looking everywhere?

DT1

4. DT1

DT1

5. Toonces

Toonces

If you're holding stocks overnight, make sure you keep track of the news on your stock. They've had an FDA meeting scheduled today for quite a while. It looks like the news might not be that good.

6. maxpi

maxpi

Technically speaking it was giving off buy signals on Wed. I would have bought at EOD Wed or on the gap up on Thu. I've never questioned adequately whether tech analysis leading up to a news event has the same meaning as in a news vacuum. Hope it works out well for you.

7. Toonces

Toonces

Sometimes these stocks run up just prior to a big FDA meeting in anticipation of good news. Probably good to get out prior to the halt if you know about it.

8. Toonces

Toonces

9. DT1

DT1

I usually buy around 4 stocks per day. Unfortunately I am not trading full time so I don't have time to follow up news on these stocks. It is risky but this is part of the game, isn't it?

#10     Oct 4, 2003