St. Thomas, Virgin Island Traders?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by inflector, Jun 20, 2003.

1. okwon

okwon

Interesting. Did not know you guys were all together (working together). :)

#31     Dec 16, 2003
  2. I met Joe last week after he contacted me because of this thread.

We're always happy to help out new VI traders. Learning the ins and outs of the local infrastructure and political landscape can take a while. For example, James River Capital housed themselves in our offices for several months when they first got down here.

We've been here longer than most, and were the third hedge-fund or trading company to register with the EDC.

- Curtis

#32     Dec 16, 2003
  3. okwon

okwon

Cool. Who are you guys? If you don't mind me asking.

#33     Dec 16, 2003
  4. I'm a partner in Galt Capital a small hedge fund that does equities and real-estate investment. I'm also a partner in Acceleration Capital, a new CTA, CPO that is just starting to raise money.

Plus, I have a small software company, www.turtletradingsoftware.com that has a trading system testing program called VeriTrader.

#34     Dec 16, 2003
  5. okwon

okwon

One of the turtles. :eek:
    Lots of interesting projects you have going on. Nice.

#35     Dec 16, 2003
  6. pap

pap Guest

at Woody's. No better place

#36     Dec 16, 2003
  7. I plant to visit St. Thomas soon. any St. Thomas Traders interested in meeting?

I'm also curious as to quality of life and quality/availability of trading infrastructure on the island.

Thanks.

#37     Apr 18, 2007
  8. fhl

fhl

The statement has been made a couple of times here that if you meet the qualifications of the EDC, which means hiring 10 vi residents, etc. Does that mean that if a trading firm hires ten vi residents, all the americans in the firm gets the tax exemption? That would seem kind of strange, but I can't imagine everyone in the firm would have to individually hire ten people. I guess the gist of it is an individual can't just go down and start trading and get the exemption, right?

#38     Apr 18, 2007
  9. I trade from Puerto Rico :) It's rather nice. Cable connection.

Though I'm moving back to NJ soon - don't ask. I'm not pleased about it, but that's where my company is moving me.

#39     Apr 18, 2007
  10. No it is not. We hold two inactive EDC licenses. First question is does straight trading income qualify; which it does not ...

#40     Apr 18, 2007