SSF - SINGLE STOCKS FUTURES........Any thoughts????

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Aranha, Mar 28, 2002.

1. I also believe that margin will be 5:1
    and just read the mail below..IB are offering $1 comms.
    That certainly lays down the gauntlet.

#21     Apr 3, 2002
  2. C2C, Voltrader -- good info, thanks for posting.

#22     Apr 3, 2002
  3. zcar

zcar

Will the SSF's trading eliminate the uptick rule for the corresponding stocks?

Anyone knows? urls?

TIA

#23     Apr 3, 2002
  4. Aranha

Aranha

Once I read that the Nasdaq was running some sort of a survey to see if they remove the SHORT SALE RULE or not.

I hope so...hehe

#24     Apr 3, 2002
  5. cartm

cartm

i have a question, have any of u traded or are trading on liffe, euronext, matif dax or any foreign exchanges, what are the liquid contracts on these, whats the margin, and where do u get data from, esignal? also when the heck are these ssfs suppose to come out it keeps getting pushed back, they were suppose to start dec21o1 where is a good site to get info on trading on these platforms, euronext, matif, dax, liffe am i forgetting any? would u recommend it theres a book out on ssfs at www.traderslibrary.com thanks

#25     Apr 3, 2002
  6. C2C

C2C

Hello Cartm,

I trade Euronext and the MONEP (French derivative market for equity options and equity index futures).

On Euronext, any stock belonging to the CAC40 index can be considered liquid by european standards...
    The major contract on the CAC40 index is called the FCE (future CAC Euro)

The margin is 5:1 on SRD stocks (including all the ones belonging to the CAC40 index). No deposit/minimum required of course.
    For the FCE, the deposit is either 6000EUR with the local firms, or 3750USD with IB. Actual contract value is 46300EUR as of today.

As for the data vendors, you get the choice between S&P Comstock, GLTrade, Tenfore or Esignal.(others available, I listed the more appropriate to serious trading).

Hope this helps...

C2

Madison, you welcome

#26     Apr 3, 2002
  7. cartm

cartm

c2c,
    who do u use as broker, and who do they clear through thanks

#27     Apr 3, 2002
  8. The Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 ("CFMA") will permit U.S. customers to trade single-stock futures on U.S. regulated exchanges. Single-stock futures were expected to begin trading on December 21, 2001. However, on October 10, 2001, the FIA and SIA requested that the launch of Single-Stock Futures be postponed from mid-December 2001 to April 2002.

Single-stock futures are the most innovative and exciting new products to be offered on U.S. regulated exchanges. A single-stock futures contract is an agreement to buy or sell shares of a particular stock sometime in the future.

Single-stock futures will provide many benefits to both institutional and individual investors. The benefits include lower margins, selling a single-stock future eliminates the need to borrow stock, no up-tick rule, and lower capital requirements than traditional cash markets.

For the most up to date information on Single-Stock Futures
    click here www.single-stock-futures.com

#28     Apr 3, 2002
  9. C2C

C2C

Three French brokers allows MONEP trading.
    -FIMATEX is the more institutionalised, being a division of SG.
    Allows electonic and phone trading, 6000EUR minimum to open an account
    -StartFinance is the best out of the three.
    Electronic and phone MONEP, 15000EUR /accnt.
    It is also the best and cheapest for stocks.
    -Wargny is high quality in matter of customer services but you can only trade futures by phone (even if you phone directly to the operating desk) 15000EUR/accnt

IB offers MONEP trading : 3750$/FCE contract
    and I like the fact that the guy at the French customer support actually speaks French ;)

If you are not European and trained to trade these kinds of stocks, I strongly suggest that you stay away from stocks.
    The FCE, in the other hand can be a good bet.

Clearing firm can be intern, Euroclear or not required(MONEP).

By the way, why do you want to know ? :)
    Are you in Europe ? Or intending to trade the Euro markets while Californians are sleeping ?

In this case let me know, I could introduce you to my team's yahoo chat...
    We do an average of 250 pts/mo/ctrct on the FCE and could be interested by having an US trader aboard ;)

C2

#29     Apr 3, 2002
  10. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

I also heard Single Stock Futures are about to be introduced
    soon. I believe when they do come out, the traders already
    trading the S&P and Nasdaq E-minis will have a feel of how to trade the SSF. The first few days will be very interesting.

#30     Jun 25, 2002