$SRPT - Sarepta Therapeutics

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Landonfisher, May 20, 2018.

1. Sarepta has been pursuing strategic collaborations for the development of its disease- modifying DMD pipeline ever since it gained approval for Exondys 51.

Its quarterly revenue growth was 956.60%, super awesome!!

If you look at its performance, its stock price is higher and higher.

Do you think it will continue to rise, will you invest it?

elitenapper likes this.

2. Thanks for sharing.

The stock has had an incredibly amazing run. A near 300% jump from Jan. 2017.

I think most posters here are traders, not investors, but SRPT seems like an excellent stock for trading.

vanzandt likes this.
  3. JackRab

JackRab

Don't look too much at those growth figures... they will need a lot more to make this price work.

Currently it's a 6 bln market cap with only 155 mln revenue... what's the underling driver for the growth? What is the projection?

elitenapper and vanzandt like this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Their next report is in July (7/19).... From what I see....

EPS (non-gaap) estimates for Q2 range from -$1.44 to -$0.30.

15 Analysts covering.

I don't know the impetus for that huge revenue increase last Q... I haven't dug that deep.... BUT ....the earnings per share estimate (avg $.75ish) shows a decrease of 65% from the same quarter last year. Why?

And....That sure seems like a pretty wide window for earnings... there must be a story going on behind the scenes. Depending on your time-frame... if its for the long haul I would suggest digging deeper into the company and becoming familiar with whats going on in the pipelines etc..

They have a lot going on in gene-therapy. June 19th they are presenting results about something .... " microdystrophin gene therapy program ".... and analysts think results will move the stock big one way or the other.... so mark that day on your calendar if you buy this thing.

5. JackRab

JackRab

I'm assuming it's a negative EPS... so a smaller negative EPS would make sense with a revenue increase.