SR market pane with globalfuture is still flying

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jetq, Oct 10, 2005.

1. I'v played a little with the Excel link and find that it is not reliable because it stops collecting data periodacally. I dont know why yet. Also with excel if i want to program a stratagy I have to build the data and study, a large task. Perhaps there is data already develeoped for Excel I dont know. I want to develope stratagys and back test them and I dont see an easy way with SR. I have Gs Paper which comes up as Sr Pro but with orange borders. It had some stratagys already on it for S&P which I dumped and now when I go to the stratagys button to add a stratagy there is nothing there.

#41     Jun 15, 2006
  2. I have seen posts on this thread and others reffering to DOM as either static or dynamic.

What is the difference between the two?

Is one better than the other or is this in the eye of the beholder?

#42     Jun 21, 2006
  3. What does "still flying" mean? is that good or bad? I don't understand your lingo.

#43     Jun 22, 2006
  4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

This means that the Dome or "trading Pad" is in dynamic mode
    The last price is centralize by ASK or BID...so your are not able to place orders in fast market on desired bid or ask price, because the prices in the dome jump like a frog...or "flying"
    You need to use the "Freeze" function, but it's a real pain

The STATIC Dome means that the last price is centralize by the last price

in this way all the prices in the column price are fixed

ALL THIS "MARASMA" IS DUE TO THE TT PATENT INFRINGEMENT

#44     Jun 22, 2006
  5. AaronCapps

AaronCapps Global Futures

thank you for answering that lorenzo.

#45     Jun 22, 2006
  6. Said in another way, this means the last price does not move the DOM automatically , vertically ... in TT you have to press the space bar or double-clicl the column of price to re-center the MD Trader ladder.

#46     Jun 23, 2006
  7. >>double-click the column of price >>
    a clarification: this features is about the PSTrader plug-in , not the MD trader ladder.

#47     Jun 28, 2006