SR market pane with globalfuture is still flying

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jetq, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Can the customer logins into Eurex or eCBOT (for example) alternatively?

#31     Apr 13, 2006
  2. AaronCapps

AaronCapps Global Futures

No, for the transactional model you pick which exchange you want and are stuck with it. You can change exchanges by calling in. But it will not be a immediate change.

One way around it is that you could open two accounts, one for each exchange.

#32     Apr 13, 2006
  3. It could be an idea...thanks!:cool:

#33     Apr 14, 2006
  4. How much do you pay for round trips? I wonder if I'm getting ripped off. Email me and let me know what Global is charging you for emini round turns. Other global futures email traders can email me too. I didn't know we could negotiate our commissions. That's not right. One price commissions should be for everybody.

#34     May 17, 2006
  5. That means you can get xtrade trading software for the same price commission you are paying for stragety runner trading software. Xtrade is a trading platform or software used to trade emini just like stragety runner is.

#35     May 17, 2006
  6. I have only been using SR Lite for the past 4 weeks. I wont name my broker but my login is Real_Spike.
    For the last 3-4 days I have had as many as 30 outages per day, most lasting only a few seconds. SR told me it was my ISP, I know it isnt. So I called Global and got a trial of SR using sr1.ghco.com (paper trade) I have both them running at the same time, my real and the paper with Global. So far I have had 1 outage with Global and 10-20 per day with my broker for the last 2 days. I called SR support and talked to them again and they told me again it was my ISP, I then informed them I have a paper version through another company running at the same time using a different server and while I was on the phone it went down 3 times. Then they said well it cant be your ISp and would have to have a look. Today I have only had 3 outages. It really does matter which servers you are on. Although SR tells me that the clearing house is NOT in the loop but the brokers say they are.

One other point Global uses Ver 2.3 my Broker uses 3.071

#36     Jun 14, 2006
  7. AaronCapps

SR is slowly rolling out their new version to the smaller firms first. This way they can avoid having glitches with their bigger clients. Unfortunately for Global that means we will be last since we have the most clients on Strategy Runner.

Larry, you should try our new platform GSTrader. We have our own servers for it which are under used currently. I am very sure that you will have even few price feed drops on it. you can learn more at www.gstrader.com

let me know if you have any questions.

#37     Jun 15, 2006
  8. GsTrader is SR Pro. I just got a demo yesterday and am checking it out. One thing I found I dont like is that it uses the verson 2.3. Im using SR Lite 3.071
    2.3 goes down at 4pm and 12am for maintance but 3.071 only goes down at 4pm.
    Last night I had some open stops and at 11:58 GsTrader closed them out automatacilly at a loss then when I got logged back on there were 2 open contracts that were running that didnt show up in the completed window from the stops.
    3.07 only cancles the open orders but lets the open contracts run over the downtime, in other words If I sold at 3:45pm the contract would still be working at 5 pm. I will check this with GsTrader tonight.
    There are several desirable features missing from 2.3 that 3.071 has.

#38     Jun 15, 2006
  9. I also dont se any way to develope your own stratagies or back test them with this program, Only developed stratagies can be slightley changed. Is there something missing from the manual?

#39     Jun 15, 2006
  10. AaronCapps

Technically GSTrader is SR lite and GSTrader Pro is SR pro. The subtle difference is that all GSTrader and STrategy Runner demo's are the Pro version.

Now, the version, currently we are only offering the older versions because 99.99% of the glitches have been worked out. We'll be able to offer the new version once they have worked out a majority of the glitches for it.

Either platform is not really a Strategy Building platform, but more of a Strategy Running platform, please forgive the lame joke. But if you can program in c++ or langauges like that, then you should be able to download the api and build directly to them. Also if you can program in excel, you should be able to link the two so excel gets the price feed from SR and can send orders to SR.

#40     Jun 15, 2006