SR market pane with globalfuture is still flying

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jetq, Oct 10, 2005.

1. AaronCapps

AaronCapps Global Futures

Short answer - yes.

More detailed - We're not sure if TT will require different servers for transactional versus monthly.

TT servers are self limiting, meaning that they won't allow more then so many clients on each server to maintain the high quality TT is known for.

It is rumored and probably true that their transaction model will allow for more clients per server to make a transactional model more cost effective.

Now, it's my opinion that TT will have servers for just monthly users versus transactional users. The reason i think this, is because if the transactional has any server meltdowns, they can upsell to the monthly server with the high monthly fee.

what do you think?

#21     Apr 7, 2006
  2. not understanding. i just signed up with global using strategy runner. does this system go down alot? whats a pats connection vs a tt connection. is strategy runner on pats now and if so si that bad? IF global goes to a tt connection will it be cheaper and hence willt he rates fall?

#22     Apr 7, 2006
  3. Aaron,

I do not understand part of the logic behind you argumentation.
    1) you stated that TT servers are self limiting but for the transactional model they accept more 'relaxed' standards

2) 'Now, it's my opinion that TT will have servers for just monthly users versus transactional users. '

Is GHCO or TT that designs the TT gateway that way for the transactional model?

Since you are the Principal at Global Futures a) why don't you open a ticket with TT and b) ask clearly GHCO as of your clearer how they manage their TT users /servers under the 'transactional model'?!

Thank you!
    Bernard

#23     Apr 8, 2006
  4. AaronCapps

It's TT that decides if they use the same servers or separate servers for the Transaction and Monthly users. So if TT decides to force FCM's to buy separate servers for their Transactional Platform(which i am guessing they will) then they have to factor in more clients per server to make it cost effective for FCM's to offer.

There is no true Transactional Model, the rumor of a transaction model for TT has been circulating for over 2 years now. Every time we ask we hear that TT isn't going to do Transactional, then we hear from others that they are.

The transaction model you're hearing about now is that FCM's are buying bulk licenses and getting volume discounts, as an example, 20 licenses for the cost of 15. As long as you have 15 monthly TT licenses, you have 5 free licenses that you can offer as a transactional model.

#24     Apr 10, 2006
  5. Aaron,

Thanks for your reply. Since Global Futures offers TT X_Trader either under the Transactional model with GHCO and also the same is not available with the RCG as a clearer, are you able to make here public whether there is a technical, different setup at the TT gateway level /TT server for the 'transactional model' customers at Global Futures that clear with GHCO ?

#25     Apr 10, 2006
  6. AaronCapps

Currently, there is no different setup between the TT gateway and TT server for the "Transactional Model" through GHCO. All Transactional TT users are actually using the actual X_Trader platform. This is because there is no actual TT Transactional Model/Server yet.

#26     Apr 10, 2006
  7. Sounds like a great deal with Global...to get the real X-Trader minus the high monthly fixed cost....X-Trader is the ferrari of trading platforms out there....who wouldn't want to use it.

#27     Apr 11, 2006
  8. Yeah! -- great deal!

#28     Apr 12, 2006
  9. so what does this mean. we can get xtrade for the same r/t as stategy runner?

#29     Apr 12, 2006
  10. AaronCapps

This is an interesting question. Yes i can offer you similar rates on Strategy Runner as X_trader Transactional.

First you should ask yourself if X_trader is right for compared to Strategy Runner. Strategy Runner can offer multiple exchanges, bracket orders, trailing stops, end of day exits and other features.

X_trader does not offer multiple exchanges at the same time for the transactional model. You can only be logged into one exchange at a time.
    X_trader lite does not offer brackets or trailing stops.
    You could use PS trader(X_traders attempt at an OCO platform) but the brackets are not automatic.

#30     Apr 12, 2006