squeeze indicator

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by james16, Mar 12, 2007.

1. I no longer use eSignal, but had the efs stored from days gone by. I'm sure someone over at the eSignal forums will take a look at it and get you going. They've been very helpful in the past, especially Alexis.

#21     Mar 21, 2007
  2. Not as an idicator as shown, but there is no magic within it. Just overlay Keltner/Bolinger bands both set to 20 and use a momentum indicator for the histogram. When the BB's go inside the Keltners, the squeeze is on. Watch momentum for "anticipated" direction of the breakout as the BB's go back outside of the Keltner. That's all there is to it.

#22     Mar 21, 2007
  3. Will take a look. Much thanks!

#23     Mar 21, 2007
  4. Celeste

Celeste

Hey everybody,

I searched for these indicators for the longest time. I had read and heard that TTM basically took the open source that someone else worked hard on, then took to their programmer and after changing the name, a little tweak, and locking down the code, oh and adding a ridiculous pricetag, they sell them.

Go to www.traderslabratory.com
    There you will find the
    Squeeze
    Bricks
    Trend and the latest great one Market Profile, which Hubert is in the process of taking from Ant to his programmer to rebame and sell.
    Hope this helps

#24     May 11, 2007
  5. Hey Don, here's the instructions for loading it into Quotetracker:

TTM for QT v1

and here's another version:

TTM for QT v2

But at the end of the day, for the record, this stuff couldn't touch what I was already using, so I didn't bother with it after giving it a trial run.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#25     May 11, 2007
  6. Here's the second version link:

http://www.boogster.com/blog/?p=2830

I just "Googled" TTM Squeeze indicator, Quotetracker to find it.

I don't use their system (or anybody else's) because I've developed my own proprietary one.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#26     May 11, 2007
  7. JJ, thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.

#27     May 11, 2007

8. Wow! QT Has come a long way since I last looked at it. I recall when you couldn't even change colors from one chart to the next, let alone build an indicator. Looking good!

For the record, TTM did NOT invent the squeeze indicator. They did "borrow" it however. :) Perhaps someone acquainted with Booster would care to enlighten him regarding the following:

"If you feel like supporting the guys who created this thing, then please go to their website and purchase it: http://www.tradethemarkets.com"

Supporting dishonesty is never a good thing! :D

st

#28     May 14, 2007
  9. TradetheMarkets (aren't they TTM? :confused: ) did not invent the squeeze indicator, but borrowed it? ... so you post link to trade-the-markets to support the guys who created it?

That sounds pretty confusing to me.

... but anywho, once it's on the web, it's FREEWARE in my book, not VENDOR PRODUCT which they need to sale to support their institution.

But like I said, I personally don't use the stuff anyway.

JJ

#29     May 14, 2007

10. I simply cut and pasted the quote from Boosters, which had the URL included. My humble apologies if I "confused" you. :D

Freeware it is. However, claiming to have "invented" it, when they clearly did not, and then repackaging it under a different name for a price is plain dishonest. Asking someone to support that dishonesty is plain wrong.

st

#30     May 14, 2007