Squawk Box

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by LordMelbury, Jun 27, 2003.

1. ramora

ramora

Does the new guy start the day with a:

"Goooood Mooooorninggggg tooooo yaaaaa" ?

My heart started to beat faster every time I heard Ben's start of the day greeting! :)

#11     Jan 5, 2004

2. LOL No he doesn't...and he also doesn't say if he's "rested, relaxed, refreshed, and rearing to go for another run" like Ben does. This other guy is laid-back and low-key.

#12     Jan 5, 2004
  3. adonos

adonos

Those of you who have listened to the new e-mini Squawk from Realtime Futures, what do you think of it? I like a lot of the info he gives, like how much volume on bid and offer for each bar (I dont think eSignal can do that) and where the programs come in. But, I also like Ben's insights on what the pit locals are doing...

#13     Jan 6, 2004
  4. We have it in my office.
    I find it to be extremely annoying. I don't like it or need it, but some of the other guys like it.

DTP

#14     Jan 6, 2004
  5. Ben's company as an emini squawk? Who is the announcer for it? Have you listened to it? What's it like? I guess no crowd noise. Is it more commentary on short term trading tactics and technicals- like who is doing what and why?

#15     Jan 6, 2004
  6. adonos

adonos

I dont know the guy's name off the top of my head, but I think he does stand next to Ben and you can hear the pit noise a bit better on this one. You can also sometimes just barely hear Ben when this guy is quiet. I guess the best way to talk about what he does is to say that he is a commentator in the battle of buyers vs sellers. He calls program buy/selling and mentions volume on bid vs volume on offer after each 5 minute bar. Aside from that he just talks about what he sees the buyers and sellers doing in the minis. Sorry if that seems a bit vague, but I am still a newbie and its hard for me to describe what he does.

I just want to know if anyone has found value in this service, and how they are using it. Ideally I would like to listen to Ben and have Ben mention volume at bid and offer and program trades.

#16     Jan 6, 2004
  7. Momento

Momento

Stevie?

#17     Jan 6, 2004
  8. You can get a two day free trial of both the emini and pit traded S&P squawk from realtimefutures.com.

#18     Jan 7, 2004
  9. adonos

adonos

I know that - I am already a subscriber. I wanted to know if anyone has found any value in the emini Squawk. Based on the lack of response, I am guessing the answer is no as of right now.

#19     Jan 7, 2004
  10. I should sell an alarm clock that has Ben saying "Goooood Mooorrrning. Rested refreshed and rarin' to go."

#20     Jan 8, 2004