Squawk box hazing Cramer!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jayford, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Regardless of how foolish it makes me look, I will make the same statement about anybody who

a) pulled tens of millions out of the markets, regardless of the means or how his trading skill ranks in the 'Elitetrader.com list of approved trading techniques'
    b) went from a working class background to being a multi-millionaire
    c) was smart/lucky enough to not end up going to jail/being fined on a large % of his net worth
    d) Gets out exactly at the top

Money talks. Bullshit walks.

#31     Jul 24, 2008
  2. I would love to see audited performance #'s of his fund. I've never seen them.

#32     Jul 24, 2008
  3. Good point. I don't think audited results were ever made public. All we have is Cramer's word for it.

#33     Jul 24, 2008
  4. Here are some ways to tell someone is a pathological liar.

* They lie about even the smallest things. For example, saying "I brushed my teeth today," when they didn't.

* They add exaggerations to every sentence.

* They change their story all the time.

* They act very defensively when you question their statements.

* They believe what they say is true, when everyone else knows it isn't.

Here's an alternate "checklist":

* Lies when it is very easy to tell the truth.

* Lies to get sympathy, to look beter, to save their butt, etc.

* Fools people at first but once they get to know him, no one believes anything they ever say.

* May have a personality disorder.

* Extremely manipulative.

* Has been caught in lies repeatedly.

* Never fesses up to the lies.

* Is a legend in their own mind. (I love this one)

You be the judge.

#34     Jul 24, 2008
  5. How was his stock picking performance at the beginning of his show?..maybe he cares more about being on tv rather than being a pro stock picker.

#35     Jul 24, 2008
  6. dsq

dsq

thats great...how bout if he cheated you?
    do you feel the same way about the guys at enron?pr fannie mae/freddie mac?

btw,his claim of being homeless in a car is pure bs to sell books.Being between apts and having to crash in your car is not homeless.I spent 3 months car camping-i wasnt homeless.Cramer's never been destitute nor homeless.
    HE s a self aggrandizing cheat.

#36     Jul 25, 2008
  7. 1. Do you think you're playing a kindergarden game when you trade in a financial market? You're playing against players who will try anything legal and illegal to try to make your money theirs. At the end of the day only one thing counts: did you turn in a profit or did you get fleeced? By trading one implicitly agrees they're playing against parties that use questionable methods, like it or not; it's part of the game.

2. He wrote his apartment was broken into several times and cleared out, including his checkbook being stolen and his checking account emptied. He said he was completely broke and couldn't pay the rent for a couple of weeks and lived in his car.

Now maybe he's lying and lived in a French mansion with prostitutes and a personal chef. But between Cramer and some random guy on a message board making claims about Cramer I'd go with Cramer's story as told by him.

#38     Jul 25, 2008
  8. dsq

dsq

Well if some random person on a msg board says he respects a guy for ill gotten gains and then says he actually beleives his sob story that person is pretty stupid or naive.

By the way homeless people by definition have no home,no hope or no career.CRamer had a job,career and great education.
    If you told cramers story to some cop or social worker they would laugh at you trying to claim he was homeless.He was in a tight bind-perhaps.

#39     Jul 26, 2008
  9. dsq

dsq

obviously, your moral compass is askew...

let us know if your laughing when your faulty compass lands you in jail.

#40     Jul 26, 2008