Squawk box hazing Cramer!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jayford, Jul 24, 2008.

1. The guys on my S&P squawk are hazing the hell out of Cramer. Funny as hell. In the past two days, Cramer has picked the bottom of the stock markets (again), and now housing!!! Inventories and foreclosures growing at almost an exponential rate, and Cramer calls a bottom.

Not sure what amazes me more. That Cramer actually made money as a hedgie, or that people actually believe this guy!

He is the running joke of the entire Street.

2. S2007S

S2007S

Isnt he hyping the financials again after the fact they rallied, sad.....just like he was hyping up natural gas and oil stocks a few weeks ago, I think at the time USO was around 115 and UNG at 60+, today those stocks are trading alot lower.

3. Not sure. i never listen to the guy. i just occasionally catch some of his calls via the press in general, or now, my squawk box!
    Everything i have heard about the guy has been ridiculous however. how can anyone be this terrible, and yet have made so much money. Then again, he was a hedgie in a big bull run. i guess a monkey with a dart board could've done pretty well.

4. cramer actually said on regis this am that he has been bearish since last year and now is bullish. the guy is shameless.

5. according to the squawk guys on the floor of CME, Cramer has now picked the low 4 times.

6. man oh man. this time cramer fucked up. people going wild on his exact wrong calls on financials and natural gas. he needs to be shut down this time

7. cramer is never wrong. he says so many things on both sides of the fence no matter what happens he will claim he was right.

8. S2007S

S2007S

This week he said he saw oil coming down between 110-120, funny because he was so bullish on oil just 2 weeks ago. Did he actually think oil was going to 150+...I think so...

9. Dude,

He is an entertainer. So don't expect much of him.

10. Never forget his 'Winners of the New World' and BSC calls; two calls alone that would've wiped the credibility out of every body cell of the mortal -

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gUkbdjetlY8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gUkbdjetlY8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Winners of the New World

http://www.thestreet.com/funds/smarter/8...

By James J. Cramer 2/29/00 9:42 AM

ET Editor's Note: James J. Cramer was the keynote speaker at the 6th Annual Internet and Electronic Commerce Conference and Exposition, held today at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City. We're running the full text of that speech here. You want winners? You want me to put my Cramer Berkowitz hedge fund hat on and just discuss what my fund is buying today to try to make money tomorrow and the next day and the next? You want my top 10 stocks for who is going to make it in the New World? You know what? I am going to give them to you. Right here. Right now. OK. Here goes. Write them down -- no handouts here!: 724 Solutions (SVNX:Nasdaq), Ariba (ARBA:Nasdaq), Digital Island (ISLD:Nasdaq), Exodus (EXDS:Nasdaq), InfoSpace.com (INSP:Nasdaq), Inktomi (INKT:Nasdaq), Mercury Interactive (MERQ:Nasdaq), Sonera (SNRA:Nasdaq), VeriSign (VRSN:Nasdaq) and Veritas Software (VRTS:Nasdaq). We are buying some of every one of these this morning as I give this speech. We buy them every day, particularly if they are down, which, no surprise given what they do, is very rare. And we will keep doing so until this period is over -- and it is very far from ending. Heck, people are just learning these stories on Wall Street, and the more they come to learn, the more they love and own! Most of these companies don't even have earnings per share, so we won't have to be constrained by that methodology for quarters to come. How did this stock market get like this, to where the only people who can make a dime in it are the people who are interested in the most arcane subject, the moving of data from one space to another, via strange new machines and software? How did it get to the point where nothing else matters, most particularly the 90% of the stock market I have studied for the last 20 years? How did all of that knowledge become totally irrelevant and the only stocks that work are the stocks of companies that didn't exist five years ago and came public in the last two or three years? Let's start with the world in the early 21st century, a world where capital is abundant for a chosen few and nonexistent for just about everybody else. It is a world where the whole of Wall Street and Silicon Valley is at your fingertips if you are creating the infrastructure for the New Economy, and a world where neither Wall Street nor Silicon Valley could give a darn about you if you are using that infrastructure. So, if you can't own the retailers, and you can't own transports, and you can't own banks and brokers and financials and you can't own commodity makers and you can't own the newspapers, and you can't own the machinery stocks, what can you own? A-ha, that just leaves us with tech. That's why we keep coming back to it. That's why, despite the 80% increase in the Nasdaq last year, we are looking at another record year now. It is by that process of elimination that I have picked my top 10. And my next 10 and my next 10 after. Only those companies are worth owning. The rest? You can have them. Thank you.

#10     Jul 24, 2008