Squawk Box Fantasy Portfolio Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SammySOESa, Mar 17, 2006.

1. sure, no prob. thanks for the kind words.

#51     Apr 14, 2006
  2. this ericlambi guy in iowa's been on top of the heap for a couple days now. i'd be so nervous if i were him. does he go full throttle, or take a little less risk to maintain his 54% gain?

i bought 315,000 shares of VTSS before AMD's report. yesterday's 10 cent move pushed me into the top 6%. gotta keep grinding for my car.

#52     Apr 14, 2006
  3. I was situated somewhere in the top 100 before I went long ICE, ugh. Should break back this week. Went long 25k BOL for the dead-cat bounce.

#53     Apr 14, 2006
  4. twwood

twwood

Well looks like BOL made a decent push back upwards on thursday. Worked out for my portfolio...$70,000 swing in one day combined with KRY upwards motion. Most of my portfolio is in KRY now; hoping for them to get their act together over in Ven. before this dang contest runs its course. For now, hangin out in the top 11%, gettin my portfolio back to positive after the dismal first few days w/ stock I have since replaced.

#54     Apr 14, 2006
  5. I very much like the show and watch when I can. However the contest as someone pointed out is based on the closing price of the stock. I don't want to come on hear and complain I guess I have to just play the game based on the rules set up. Sure wish it was based on more of buy hi sell low than closing price. I have trouble logging in. Seems the thing is all ways having high volume. They could have used E-Trade to or some other on line company would have been great adverstising.

Just my though. Guess for me the car is out or reach. I feel someone will just hit a lucky run and win. Hope it is me.

#55     Apr 14, 2006
  6. Pufffin

Pufffin

I'm in the top 4%. Mainly because I bought Power Wave PWAV on the first day. I sold it on 4-7.

Today I bought 6K shares of TIVO.

I know I don't have a chance to win the car but it's fun to see how you do anyway.

Does anyone have any idea how many people are playing? I'm guessing most will drop out in a week or two, after they see they are out of the running.

#56     Apr 17, 2006
  7. Hey all...new to teh forum, but I've been on the SBFantasy Portfolio as well...

Prob will lose a bunch of people starting now, which is dumb considering that the Top 50 were here fropm day 2...Same could happen to anyone.

I say, find your penny stock that teh system will take and put all your eggs in that basket. Only chance youhave of winning.

Anyone else have any side bets goin on?

- B

#57     Apr 17, 2006
  8. I'm only up $6000 and yet I'm in top 22%. It's kinda sad 78% of players can't make at least $6000 with $1mil.

#58     Apr 17, 2006
  9. I would bet that roughly a third of the people who registered never even made a trade. A bunch of the guys in my office registered (myself included) and as far as I know, no one did a single trade after we realized the contest was being run like a mutual fund.

#59     Apr 17, 2006
  10. Pufffin

Pufffin

If all you did was answer the trivia questions you could make $15,000/week.

#60     Apr 17, 2006