Squawk Box Fantasy Portfolio Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SammySOESa, Mar 17, 2006.

1. RAF618

RAF618

Anybody catch today's trivia answer?

Thanks.

#41     Apr 10, 2006
  2. Sprint Nextel

#42     Apr 10, 2006
  3. RAF618

RAF618

Hey thanks Sammy, BTW, I have enjoyed reading several of your posts. Thanks for sharing.

#43     Apr 10, 2006
  4. twwood

twwood

Does a stock buy put in after 4 go in the night of at 10pm or at 10pm the next day?

Thanks

#44     Apr 10, 2006
  5. That's the part that really sucks (and is completely unecessary) about this contest. It is put in at 10pm the next day but I think it would make more sense if the order would be traded at the opening price instead of the closing price of the following day.

If for example, you choose a stock during the weekend and enter your order then, the traded price won't be Monday's opening price but Monday's closing price.

#45     Apr 10, 2006
  6. Davgrn

Davgrn

Your trades get priced at values that the stock never even traded at. I bought JDSU on tuesday they priced it at 3.76 stock was trading in the 3.55 - 3.60 range closed @ 3.59.

I'll just let not pay attention any longer

#46     Apr 12, 2006
  7. twwood

twwood

ha yeah im just gonna let mine ride...no use in trying to predict market closes the following day when trading after hours. Cmonnn KRY and BOL (hopin for a good news release on that one to shoot to stock right back up, but who knows)

#47     Apr 12, 2006
  8. mmqc

mmqc

BOL ? Bausch and Lomb? You're a super courageous knife-catcher-- I hope you don't end up with that knife clean through your hand. Fantastic if that trade works. But, this is just a fantasy right?

#48     Apr 12, 2006
  9. twwood

twwood

Haha, thats right, its not my money so I might as well go for broke.

Here's hopin'

Maybe it will be worth some real money after the stock hits rock bottom and begins to recover from this bump in the road... but that research will be left for a later date.

#49     Apr 12, 2006
  10. the contest is fun, i'm all in with CME and it says that I'm in the 11th percentile of contestants.

At the same time I'd rather concentrate on my real trading plan and buy my own damn maserati!!!

:D

#50     Apr 14, 2006