Squawk Box Fantasy Portfolio Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SammySOESa, Mar 17, 2006.

1. #31     Apr 7, 2006
  2. I think I'll use coolweb as my name.

#32     Apr 7, 2006
  3. whats up with #3-10 having the exact same dollar amount down to the penny??

#33     Apr 7, 2006
  4. mmqc

mmqc

Actually #3 thru #19 have the same portfolio values. Also, #34 thru #41 have the same portfolio values.

#34     Apr 7, 2006
  5. A lot of people from New York in the top 50. I haven't made it there yet.

#35     Apr 7, 2006
  6. they all went with PEIX (100%)

#36     Apr 7, 2006
  7. I think it is KRY that the top 50 are in. That stock has had a huge move. PEIX moved but the contest started TUES. at the close and KRY has done more along the lines of percentages since.

#37     Apr 8, 2006
  8. nitro

nitro

I have no problems with any of it. The rules are the rules and those that are skillful in this particular game will win, with a little luck of course won't hurt.

The reason I don't play isn't through lack of desire, it is because I simply don't have the time to give it the proper effort as my real trading responsibilites overwhelm me. I am not going to play if I can't win, and sitting there just giving it a half assed effort is not my style.

nitro

#38     Apr 8, 2006
  9. badvlad

badvlad

Game is ok, but very limiting. I have my 5 cents in it, but I am focused on real money and real trades that pay my bills. Who gives a damn about squawk Box Masserati. Make enough money trading and get one by yourself in your own right.

#39     Apr 8, 2006
  10. logan5

logan5

the stock they must have bought was covad (DVW).

#40     Apr 9, 2006