Squawk BOX aka Pit NOISE!?!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Spectra, Jan 22, 2007.

Does pit noise improve your trading?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2007.
  1. Yes, definately!!

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Maybe, I'm not sure yet.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Nope!

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Ben is the best....hands down........he even used to give you the most popular locals bidding & offering.
    i have`nt used it since 2000.....to much noise for me & actually hindered my trading..........i enjoyed it....but i enjoy making money a bit more.

Jays............agreed,that will never happen.....very,very rarely will they even do Santellis broadcast anywhere near the spooz pit.
    always fed funds futs of euro.........................hmmmmmmmm

#11     Jan 30, 2007
  2. Surprise

Surprise

i am on free trial now and i think it is a nice tool , u feel u r trading with banks and brokers but this doesnt mean u will be more profitable with it , i am not sure about this , any advice guys ?

#12     May 15, 2009
  3. NYC212

NYC212

I know several traders love it, any tips how to use it correctly?

#13     May 15, 2009
  4. Eric215

Eric215

I have never used this tool but I always assumed its usefulness came from listening to it for a period of time and then attaining an intuition for when the yelling had gotten so extreme that it signaled a short term reversal. Kind of like an audible sentiment indicator. I'm curious to see if there is any truth to this so I might have to give the free trial a whirl. I wanted to check this out before but I had forgotten about it. So thanks for the post as a reminder.

#14     May 15, 2009
  5. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I used to listen to the pit noise and loved it. If a big trade came in, the pit announcer would tell you, and then there would be a couple of seconds before the futures reacted. An absolute lifetime for entering or exiting positions. This worked maybe once or twice a week.

On the downside, i woke up several times screaming things like "828 bid local!"

#15     May 15, 2009
  6. Surprise

Surprise

BTW i am talking about the one with the commentary ( Tradersaudio ) not the background noise only service ...

At Friday and Thursady i heared the whole session ! it is stressfull but i felt i am in the pit and i knew where big trades from big banks filled , i am still in the free trial untill 20/5 , i think i need time to get used to it ...

#16     May 16, 2009
  7. NYC212

NYC212

lol!!! this the greatest thing ever!

#17     May 16, 2009
  8. Surprise

Surprise

looooool

#18     May 16, 2009
  9. There is a new orientation video on tradersaudio.com

#19     Jun 9, 2009
  10. Surprise