SQNM: suspicious call buying today

Discussion in 'Options' started by wilburbear, Nov 24, 2009.

1. What exactly would the SEC be looking for? People speculating that an announcment is coming?

#11     Dec 2, 2009
  2. What's new with the technical analysis?

Seems to go up and stay up.

#12     Dec 3, 2009
  3. what just happened?

up 5% in 5 minutes

#13     Dec 14, 2009
  4. spindr0

spindr0

More buying than selling :)

#14     Dec 14, 2009
  5. Rush for the calls again today. Watch for suspicious activity.

Jan. 11 calls at the 50 strike price are bid .05 on multiple exchanges.

But, if it gets within 5 dollars of 50 in the next year, I'll eat my hat, and shoes!

#15     Dec 23, 2009
  6. risky63

risky63

hey wilbur........not much has happened since my last post except for some neg charting patterns....like i thought.
    2 days after my post a friend who loves lizzards like this called to "buy with all I had". needless to say, you could have bought the shares for alot less since.
    but this is the place for fun and games, and if the parties that are goin to do it , it will make some crazy gap and then its game on for the nimble.
    I don't play with snakes, sometimes they're poisonous.

#16     Dec 23, 2009
  7. Where can I go to find issues with highly increased option volumes?

I just started reading one of the McMillian books which talks about piggy backing on insider trading and I find it interesting. I'd like to be able to watch some of these issues. This one has 12k+ open interest in Jan 30's!

Also, I trade through Fidelity which is just starting to track historical data on options but not all options have data yet. Is there somewhere I can go to see when that 12k interest was opened?

Thanks,
    Ray

#17     Dec 24, 2009
  8. Try at first the Free site of http://whatstrading.com/ or better yet--try even their subscription service (real-time). This will give you some great 'puggy backing' ideas--if this is what you like doing. :)

#18     Dec 25, 2009
  9. #19     Jan 29, 2010
  10. The stock was at 4.13 when this thread started so BR adding didnt do squat for it. Add to that you were crying for the SEC in the first post. There is nothing to investigate

#20     Jan 29, 2010