Spyware found in MB trading Sotware

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by abe, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Come on buddy, Go ask your software developer and he will admit of his guilt. (In case you didn't know it)

Man..... here you are dealing with smart and elite Traders, not a dealing desk. Admit and go on, I ask other guys not to report your company to FBI.:D :D :D :D :D

Have fun with your company..............

#31     Aug 18, 2006
  2. <b> If you decide not to open live account, their adware sits there and technically hijack your browser every time you search for a new broker in a search engine </b>

Hm, this is interesting. Curious if you have proof.a

#32     Aug 18, 2006
  3. right, but they are acronyms...there's just nothin' mentionin' who they are, so if somethin' bad happens u gonna complain to whom?

ya tho, other possibility is that they are "virtual banks".

#33     Aug 18, 2006
  4. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

We don’t disclose because we have award winning routing and systems which has benefited our clients for just short of a decade. FX is an emerging market place and as such the less we help competitors build systems to compete with us the better for our clients and us. But I will let you in on a secret; we use big banks because they have the liquidity. I know, you want to know what banks. You can see it for yourself with the available size at each price level and you can even post your bids/offers in between the spread if you would like but we will not disclose specific names.

Coke uses syrup, want the recipe? Domino’s is cheese and dough, want the recipe? Goodyear uses rubber trees and heat, want the recipe? MBT use big reliable banks, want to know who?

It’s quite simple and I mean this in a friendly way as I know most of you will eventually have an account with us. If you don’t like the taste don’t drink it, if you must know how that rubber is made, don’t buy the tire and by all means if you don’t like the liquidity and ease of execution don’t trade with us.

If you like system then trade and enjoy the almost two dozen order types and reliability that comes from a top notch platform. You all have one of the most powerful options available to you, the right to choose. I am sure with so many choices you can find exactly what you are looking for.

#34     Aug 18, 2006
  5. Bsulli

Bsulli

I don't have a dog in this fight but if you take a clean system and install the mbt software and download "filemon" from the sysinternals.com website fire it up check to see that no adware is running then fire up mbt software and if the suscept program starts running you will know instantly. Filemon shows all process that the task manager doesn't as each one is called in realtime. Frankly I would have a hard time believing mbt would put adware on a pc but stranger things have happen.

Can't tell you how many misbehaving apps I caught this way that don't show up in the task list.

Good luck and good trading.

Bsulli

#35     Aug 18, 2006
  6. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

simple..........

I can not stress to you how much I enjoy this. Its like a good session of “let it all out”. You have the opportunity to tell me your fears and concerns and I have the opportunity in an open forum to respond and dispel those fears. In the end we get a more educated prospect pool, a happier client and you end up knowing you made the correct choice in brokerage.

The FBI is a wonderful organization, a bit over worked with internet fraud but a important organization nonetheless. I have several acquaintances that work for them and they have to be some of the brightest people I have ever meet. I believe that the question you are posing to me is whether or not MBT runs a deal desk? The answer is a resounding “No”. Thank you for the opportunity to respond again to that question.

Steve

#36     Aug 18, 2006
  7. abe

abe

OH MY GOD,

What's happening with my thread?
    Please write brief and informative. 5-6 line is good but not like MB-Steve and Simple-Ideas. Having this in mind, I ask one of hi-tech or IT people to install MB Trading Demo software and investigate if there is any wrong doing and hijacking activities in internet and MB company. I am not talking about airports...LOL :p :p :p :p

I did it for myself one time and I think every body can do it for himself too. MB Trading is not responsible to take care of everything:p :p :p :p

#37     Aug 18, 2006
  8. R-O-R, what has it got to do with your winnin' routin' system...not disclosin' the name of those involved in your transactions create an obscure environment for traders who eventually will have no chance of filin' a complain' since they cant place the blame on gosths. your tellin' me you 'little secret' as u put it inspire very little credibility and zero confidence.

#38     Aug 18, 2006
  9. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Bitstream.........

If your only intention on knowing a bank name is to discuss who gave a bad fill then it seems like a bit of misplaced effort. Your complaint would be to the FCM (MBTF) in this case. As such MBTF would then go take the fight up on your behalf.

Regards,

Steve

#39     Aug 18, 2006
  10. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Either MBT-Steve is ignorant of what his software people seem to have done or he is being rather devious/misleading in his response by using the word malicious.

Riskarb just asked for any single bank, not MBT's system secrets. Once again, MB-Steve does not seem to understand the way his system works.

I would never deal with a company whose President does not understand how his software functions at some level. MBT-Steve might not know the nitty-gritty details, but if it were my company and I had questions like those in this thread, I'd make it my business to find out how those specific things work and then provide honest answers. Then again, maybe he did ask and there is no one left on staff that knows.

Obviously MBT is not in IB's class. IB admits errors and even provided the name of one of its counter-party banks.

Based on this thread I think I'd avoid MB Trading.

#40     Aug 18, 2006