Spyware found in MB trading Sotware

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by abe, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Proprietary info = bullsh*t

If any of you believe that MBT is offering you STP of interbank, you're all crazy. MBT's server is on the bid and offer, not BearFX, DB, et al.

#21     Aug 18, 2006
  2. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

riskarb,

How do you know our routing algorithms? I am telling you that we are not a deal desk. We absolutely route our orders to banks. The proprietary portion of this are the methods and algorithms in which we use to route to these various banks. This specifically I will not disclose as it is proprietary. Clearly you have an agenda......please take it elsewhere.

Regards,

Steve

#22     Aug 18, 2006
  3. Route what orders? MB's exposure or the clients bid or offer? I have ZERO interest in your routing algorithms, nor have I stated anything to the contrary.

Simply answer the bloody questions!

Are your banks posting bids and offers to your retail front-end? Is MB offering STP or are you autoquoting a market and laying off firm risk as a back-office function?

Sans [sic]algorithms; name ONE bank.

My agenda is getting you to answer a direct question.

#23     Aug 18, 2006
  4. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Riskarb……….

Apparently you’re getting a bit upset. Certainly there is no need for that. I am here to educate our clients and prospects. I attempt to treat all with dignity and respect. If this conversation becomes aggravating for you then please pardon my ignorance and chalk it up to a win in your book. In the mean time I will continue to answer your questions as well as others in the best way I can. Additionally, when necessary I will clarify and stop disinformation. I am the President of MB Trading, as such I will defend anyone who attempts to bring harm to my reputation, my employees or clients. You may not “think” you are asking questions about our algorithms but you are so I would appreciate the latitude to answer your questions as clearly as possible:

Route what orders?

Answer: Any order which does not cross against another clients order.

MB's exposure or the clients bid or offer?

Answer: I do not understand what this refers too however, regardless, MBT has no exposure as it is not a deal desk. It does have exposure on the risk side as we do offer margin accounts

I have ZERO interest in your routing algorithms, nor have I stated anything to the contrary.

Answer: Disagree, please see above

Simply answer the bloody questions!

>>>Ouch, please relax, were just working though an educational process at this time.

Are your banks posting bids and offers to you retail front-end?

Answer: Yes

Is MB offering STP

>>>With regard to trading “Yes”. With regard to clearing we use multiple prime brokers

or are you autoquoting a market and laying off firm risk as a back-office function?

Answer: No

Sans [sic]algorithms; name ONE bank.

Answer: No, our bank destinations are “proprietary”. We do not disclose which banks we have working relationships with.

My agenda is getting you to answer a straght question.

>>>Ouch again, I think “straight’ is a subjective term. Doing my best though I assure you.

Regards,

Steve

#24     Aug 18, 2006

5. Which is what % of MBT's retail volume? 100%? OK, understood. By your own admission you're not a true ECN-model. Thanks for your time.

MBT-Steve wrote: I am the President of MB Trading, as such I will defend anyone who attempts to bring harm to my reputation, my employees or clients. You may not “think” you are asking questions about our algorithms but you are so I would appreciate the latitude to answer your questions as clearly as possible:

I thank you for defending me, but I hold no ill will towards you or MBT. It's really appreciated. =) I simply wanted to know whether MBT was in fact a true ECN.

P.S. Oh, and Steve... I ain't asking for the recipe for Coke classic. Regardless of what I "think" I am asking.

P.P.S. I am typing on a friggin' handheld, so I'd appreciate some leeway on the typos, 'kay?[straight].

>>>Ouch, please relax, were just working though an educational process at this time. FWIW, it's we're, as in "we are".

#25     Aug 18, 2006
  6. Sweeeet. Real stand-up firm!

#26     Aug 18, 2006
  7. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

P.S. MBT does not install any malicious software of any kind whatsoever, never have, never would.

#27     Aug 18, 2006
  8. i never understood the reason for not namin' the banks providin' liquidity on ecn fx models...same ib desnt want to disclose it....wtf, prospective and existin' clients have the freakin' right to know who on earth is actin' as counterpary in thier transactions. that proprietary crap also makes zero sense..now, knowin' who's providin' liquidity is gonna give competitors an advantage? gimme a break..there's somethin' more to it, maybe since they are aware u havent got a clue who tf is on the opposite side of your tarnsactions, the bank(??) can do whatever they wish without riskin' their reputation and u have no chance to sue since u dunnno who they are....can u gimme one good reason not to disclose it? not that proprietary info to protect bs.

#28     Aug 18, 2006

9. Riskarb,

You got it right buddy, they are not ECN, they are just another bucket shop like Oanda ..... and maybe more expensive. The only difference, remember simple ideas
    :p :p :p :p

Simple-Ideas = MB is a New broker with a dealing desk and maximum one or two employee.

End of the story.

#29     Aug 18, 2006

10. I was told by an employee that I trade more size in spot with IB than any other retail client. So if that's my "hidden agenda" then so be it. I am not a broker, nor affiliated. I trade size on the buy-side while playing with my 2yo and watching "Little Einsteins".

The counterparties are clearly visible in TWS. One reason for non-disclosure is that they may simply not exist on the front-end.

#30     Aug 18, 2006