Spyware found in MB trading Sotware

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by abe, Aug 16, 2006.

1. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Hi Riskarb,

Yes we do. We have a multitude of ibanks that we route to and we offer full ecn capacity. You trade in 1/10 of a pip increments so you can see spreads as low as choice or 1/10 pip.

Regards,

Steve

#11     Aug 17, 2006
  2. Ok then, thanks. Can you name any one of the "multitude" of banks which are counterparty to MB client trades?

#12     Aug 17, 2006
  3. Congrats to MB Trading, they've now reached the point where people are accusing them of ridiculous things, similar to the "IB kept my money" types of posts you see here all the time.

Some points:
    - The log you posted has nothing to do with MB, it just shows you had a registry entry that was removed (but doesn't show how it got there or what put it there). You'll need to post more evidence than that to get anyone to believe you.

- It's possible for ad-aware or other programs to flag items as spyware which are in fact legitimate. Often tools used by spyware are taken from tools used by legitimate software so they can hide more easily.

- Theoretically what you're saying could be seen as libel, you might want to consult an attorney *and* verify you have actual proof of what you're saying before saying anything else. Sure the net gives anonymity, but if you reside in the US you're still subject to US laws and you can be tracked (server logs are often kept indefinitely).

SSB

#13     Aug 17, 2006
  4. abe

abe

Hey my friend,

You like it or not it's there. Ad-Aware Pro says it's there not me.
    To check it:

1) Uninstall MB software
    2) Run Ad-Aware. to get a clean registry
    3) Install MB again
    4) Run Ad-Aware this time and see it for yourself and if not convinced yet, contact Ad-Aware staff and prove them wrong...LOL

By the way Guys, what a nice sell-off is going on

Take care everybody

Abe

#14     Aug 17, 2006
  5. LMAO. Where are you getting the install from and are you using the same one over and over again?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of....persistent?

FWIW, CommonName is Adware not Spyware. It makes zero sense for MB to be party to this but their installation files may have been maliciously used as a trojan horse for the adware in which case everyone who uses the install will have the same problem or more likely, your system has been infected by some other means and it is piggy-backing on the install when you run it.

I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it...

#15     Aug 17, 2006
  6. Hi

These days every programer (especially teenage programers) can do such things and mostly it is done to hijack victim's browser for advertising and to my knowledge by keeping your anti-virus and spyware programs up-todate, they can't harm you that much.

Just keep it Simple,

#16     Aug 17, 2006
  7. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Riskarb,

That is proprietary information. Of course, not for any purpose to keep from you but more so it is our competitive advantage.

Regards,

Steve

#17     Aug 17, 2006
  8. Bob111

Bob111

very good point. i have my own app's in VB, but Symatec(or whatever that evil norton soft name was) recognize them as viruses too. believe it or not.
    i have no idea base on what logic they doing it.
    still not convinced

#18     Aug 17, 2006
  9. Risk, you are the best.

The Ever Venomous VIPER :D

#19     Aug 18, 2006
  10. mktman

mktman

He put it there lol

#20     Aug 18, 2006