spy's up over 1% AH, sling shot tail formation today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rc5781, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Last time I looked there is no bell rung to indicate if a bottom is real or just a headfake... before the fact. VIX, capitulation, perceived panic etc. are all subjective and anecdotal and only make perfect sense in hindsight.

#31     Sep 6, 2008
  2. I don't make my living on hindsight.

I'm a trader, not a hopeful bagholder.

I remember you though. Weren't we about 1600 points higher when you tried to convince me that ABK and MBI losing there AAA wouldn't have an effect on the financial markets?

Anyways to each his own. If everybody could make money in the markets then nobody could make money in the markets. Remember its a zero sum game.

#32     Sep 6, 2008
  3. If you were a trader you'd know that markets can go both directions, at any time, without asking you for approval. You're obviously blind on one eye as you completely rule out the viability of a bounce before it happens.

You're no better than the bagholders that you despise.

#33     Sep 6, 2008
  4. You're right!!!! The market CAN go either way!!!

Whoa... I better never make another trade again. It looks like the job hunt begins on monday!!

#34     Sep 6, 2008
  5. yep, over time LEH is worth less than 0

I've seen 4 pumps on LEH already not including Dick Bove "bidding war" pump.

I've yet to see any real positives news. Mostly just fake buyout rumors and 1 or 2 saying that they might pick up the remains of LEH after earnings.

#35     Sep 6, 2008
  6. i remmembered the last time Leh had a good news it was up $12.00 after hours
    And the SPY the Es to all rally after house is a serious matter cause that a lot of money coming in buying the bids
    These is fucking something going on and we will know it on Sunday night probably.
    So let hope for fake uptrend cause all the short will have to puke even if the market has to come back all the way to Dow 10000
    How long can you hold the short is not a joke

#36     Sep 6, 2008
  7. Dow to -10489

It is end of the world as we know it folks.

Pack your bags and move to iceland!

#37     Sep 7, 2008
  8. ES 1260-65 used to be an important support pivot not long ago. Market needs to confirm that what was previous support is now resistance, typical price behavior before going any lower, this is precisely why this AH move stopped dead cold around this area, it can't and wont go past the 60s without a major change of heart.

As long as this area does not become support once again, shorts should be fine.

On the other hand, if the 60 area regains its support status, consider last week a washout and stick with the bull.

Hope it helps.

Anek

#38     Sep 7, 2008
  9. ES is at 1276 right now +34.75 oops +35
    So let see what happens tomorow
    Hope they fuck all the short
    Long,s have been using vaseline for a preety long time.
    With GS downgrading MER
    Some one else downgrading GS
    I just hope this is a turning point :)

#39     Sep 7, 2008