spy's up over 1% AH, sling shot tail formation today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rc5781, Sep 5, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I'm with you Staff. As i mentioned to Landis, take a look at what you can get for the April FTO puts right now. The time to buy refiners is when no one wants them. Which is now. Though i prefer to do it by selling late Spring puts. (Just to head off the flame throwers, i should add that i never sell puts using leverage).

#21     Sep 6, 2008
  2. those were fake numbers. there will never be a deal with KDB due to regulation issues. all the buyout rumors are just to boost share price.

#22     Sep 6, 2008
  3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

we would'nt be having this discussion if you guys did'nt hold positions over night. why do you guys keep doing that ! now your weekend is shot,you are going to lose money,and its going to weigh on those around you as well. quite simple, DO NOT HOLD POSITIONS OVER NIGHT IN THIS MARKET.

#23     Sep 6, 2008
  4. I also shorted too. This sort of stuff is reminiscient of march. A Good bear trend all day, then a big reversal in the last 30mins.

Being a Bear hurts.

#24     Sep 6, 2008
  5. When will you guys and gals learn? Look at the charts and remember the PPT is out there!! Whenever things look bleakest, "PPT".

#25     Sep 6, 2008
  6. cszulc

cszulc

Man, too bad I didn't hold my longs overnight (was long from 1235 near the end of the day and then sold 1242). Oh well, probably better than to carry risk over weekend (with FRE/FNM news and possible LEH news).

#26     Sep 6, 2008
  7. There WILL be a deal, and it will be in that ballpark. You don't understand how the East Asians think. Also, don't delude yourself into thinking that any piece of news is BS aimed at boosting the share price, it's not.

#27     Sep 6, 2008
  8. what announcement was made?the govt taking over fannie mae?...was this the 'HUGE' announcement?...nothing is even consuming the saturday website news...also...forget holding ES futures overnight...Get a position in ES OPTIONS!!!!

#28     Sep 6, 2008
  9. Either way its a non event. Wow $5 billion of assets at .38 cents on the dollar. Yay the credit problems are over time to go to all time highs!!! LMAO Volkner said yesterday that losses from the credit crisis will exceed $500 billion.

When they do rally the market on fluff news it will be a once in a lifetime shorting opp.

The rally next week will be short lived. By the time the market opens on Monday I wouldn't be surprised to see the market start selling off hard.

Anyone who thinks this is another "market bottom" is sadly mistaken. VIX at 23 when we are falling to lows shows total complacency. Panic will set in the break of 10K in the dow.

I normally don't debate on message boards since they are distracting and a total waste of time where everyone loses.

But since it's the weekend and I'm thinking about the market and the damn 20 cars I shorted on Friday I thought I'd play around.

#29     Sep 6, 2008
  10. Really. So I guess we can all just short LEH with no stops and ride it to zero for a risk free 100% return?

#30     Sep 6, 2008