Spydertrader's Jack Hershey Futures Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spydertrader, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWEET!

My biz endeavor (~$400MM) of the last 12 months has finally closed as of this week (ie. now open for biz). The first $1B transaction will go on in a few weeks. In other words, I can't wait to get back to contributing and trading. I have a boatload more tools to get out...

Happy New Year...
    MAK!

#11     Dec 30, 2006
  2. cubes

cubes

Thanks for the journal and Happy New Year to everyone :)

#12     Dec 30, 2006
  3. Joab

Joab

Camtasia question: I downloaded a file and it opened in the windows media player but i get only audio.

How do i get the video ?

#13     Dec 30, 2006
  4. Sir Hypostomus. Good to have you along for the ride. As you know, I have never traded the NQ, nor can I speak to its unique behavior. However, I firmly believe the following pages will provide a clear benefit for trading any market you so desire. The FTT represents the linchpin of Hershey Methodology and provides a fundamental basis for trading all markets. As we will see much later in the Journal, recognizing what wasn't an FTT (first by accident, then by design) allows for a transition to consistency. Again, I appreciate your comments, and look forward to the upcoming discussion.

Video Page

You might need an additional codec from the Camtasia web site.

- Spydertrader

#14     Dec 30, 2006
  5. #15     Dec 30, 2006
  6. foible

foible

In the spirit of introductions, I wanted to share this <a href="http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30568&perpage=40&pagenumber=3">quote</a> from Jack:

For making money, everyone has a choice: A. learn when you cannot make any more money in a price changing trend or B. do some half a$$ed "fix" for your ignorance. In B, the most popular substitutes for knowledge and skill are money management and risk management and edge trading.

Making a lot of money requires knowing down cold how channels work.

That's got to be one of the most blunt condemnations of "conventional wisdom" (as Jack sneeringly refers to it) that I've come across. Strangely, after spending months studying what he and Spydertrader say, I'm starting to see the truth in it.

The Hershey system that Spydertrader is trying to teach us isn't just another indicator or tool in the box, but a whole new way of looking at trading.

I can't wait.

#16     Dec 30, 2006
  7. Excellent observation. I could not have said it more clearly.

- Spydertrader

#17     Dec 30, 2006
  8. I downloaded the video and found it very interesting but did not see any evidence that YM leads ES. Are you sure you got the right date?

#18     Dec 30, 2006
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks for your good work guys. Keep it up!

#19     Dec 30, 2006
  10. If it's true that YM has been leading ES, then wouldn't it be easy to push the thinner index in order to obtain better prices for the broader one, if most traders recognize the relationship already?

#20     Dec 30, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.