Spydertrader's Jack Hershey Equities Trading Journal III

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spydertrader, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd be willing to bet that Jack's equity strategy performs better in a bear market. It's much easier to filter for stocks to trade with this strategy in a bear market because there won't be nearly as many stocks that fit the criteria. Where as in a bull market, there could be several.

#11     Dec 31, 2006
  2. Thank-you for sharing your efforts. I frequently use this spreadsheet to update my charts with the individual Earnings Dates.

- Spydertrader

#12     Dec 31, 2006
  3. Thanks for the earnings program Clym.

A note to others, the file will have an execution error if you rename it. It appears to need to be named earnings.xls to work correctly.

#13     Dec 31, 2006
  4. T&T

T&T

My first month I made 5% with lots of mistakes being made. but I learned from each one of them. I can not thank Spydertrader and excv8tor enough:) :)

#14     Dec 31, 2006
  5. Clym

Clym

If you would like to change the workbook name without messing up the macro.

1. (close all open Excel Workbooks). Open Earnings.xls

2. Press ALT F11 (hold down ALT key then press the F11 key)

3. (visual basic window opens) Click EDIT>Replace

4 Find What: Earnings.xls
    Replace With: yourfilename.xls

5 Highlight > "current project"

6. press "Replace All"

7. Close the Visual Basic Window

8. Save the sheet as yourfilename.xls

Your Welcome!

#15     Dec 31, 2006
  6. Elvis

Elvis

This is a great Forum, thank you all for participating. I have been reading the prior posts, finished the 1st journal, up to page 630 of the second, and plan to paper trade starting next week. I noticed that QX04790 posted a program to populate fields in a spread sheet, but the link no longer works. Does anyone have a copy to share?

thanks,

#16     Dec 31, 2006
  7. Hi Elvis,

Is this what you are after?

#17     Jan 1, 2007
  8. Clym

Clym

This is an update of the earnings.xls file that I uploaded yesterday.

There was an issue with hidden instances of IE not being closed properly which resulted in high memory usage both during and after running the "get earnings" procedure.

#18     Jan 1, 2007
  9. wherchat

wherchat

Clym thanks for sharing your earnings program -- very helpful.

It appears that the StockTables subscription cost is increasing on Jan 1 and there is still time today to get a discounted rate. Could the users on the board please comment on the advantages of StockTables. I am a long time Telechart user. My objective is to consolidate tools in 2007. It's charting function has been replaced by QCharts. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

#19     Jan 1, 2007
  10. Elvis

Elvis

Cipher,
    It might be, thanks. I unzipped and saved it, but how do I get it into my excel sheet?

thanks

it

#20     Jan 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.