Spydertrader's Jack Hershey Equities Trading Journal III

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spydertrader, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Although The time has come to close the second chapter of our Journal, I have decided split off the Futures Discussion from The Equities Discussion in an effort to avoid any additional confusion.. In the spirit of “iterative refinement,” I welcome all participants – especially commentary that helps to improve upon our results. Feel free to use this Journal to post your own trades, to submit ideas, to contribute helpful techniques or to learn more about The Jack Hershey Equities Method in general.

In this installment, I plan to focus more on Jack’s Advanced Methodology for trading equities, and to include, shorting, FTT set ups, Gaussians and ‘Outside The Box’ trades.

In an effort to bring everyone up to speed, I recommend a review of the Tomorrow’s Newspaper, Today document, the Jokari Window and The Big Post I – X attached in the Previous Journals.

I also recommend reading through the previous Journals - Journal I and Journal II, (at least once) in an effort to develop a superior understanding of the nuances involved with trading these methods.

Welcome to the Final Chapter of our Trilogy, and Good Trading to you all!

- Spydertrader

2. Current Final Universe

ALY BITS COGO CTRN DTLK DXPE ESCL FTEK GIGM GMXR GROW GRRF IAAC ININ LQDT MIKR NVEC OMNI OMRI PCCC RATE RBAK REDF SIM SIRF STEC SYX XING

- Spydertrader

3. Gandolph

Gandolph

Your new Chartscript is excellent!
    Tjhanks again for all yopur work and patience.
    Don

4. Back in the mid-1990's, one of Jack's students coded an automated Equities Trading program. The student gave a copy of the program to Jack, but Jack never used the program. For those of you who have read the USENET and MSN posts, Jack referred to this program as 'The Floppies.' By clicking the link below, you can download a .zip file containing a copy of this code (in the Floppies Folder). I have yet to experience any success getting the program to work - meaning I cannot turn the thing 'on.' :D Perhaps, some of the more experienced programmers who follow these discussions will have more success than I. Should anyone have success translating the code (and / or getting it to work), please let me know.

Merry Christmas!

- Spydertrader

For 'Floppies' Click HERE.

5. billp

billp

Thanks. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

6. rickylc

rickylc

Spyder,

Once again i wish to express my gratitude for all the work you do to assist people in learning the Hershey Equities Trading method. Your tireless efforts are nothing short of miraculous and, as evidenced by the number of hits these threads get, greatly appreciated by many.

I particularly want to thank you for maintaining the Equities thread for yet another year!! I'll do my best to kick in and participate in the discussion.

I look forward to the new year and all it promises!!

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year To all!!

Rick

7. Atlantic

Atlantic

do you know how this concept performed during the bear market 00-03?

8. Clym

Clym

I have updated my earnings.xls spreadsheet to parse for an earnings date from Zacks.com, (in addition to clearstation and yahoo).
    The dates are automatically (but slowly) filled in and placed side by side so that you can compare the earnings dates given by the different sources. The point being, that there are often discrepancies to investigate before trading the stock.
    Since Spydertrader often posts a yahoo news link for the days symbols, I have also included an automatically updating link in cell H1. (When you run the earnings macro, the URL will update to include up to 20 symbols from column A. )

The directions are still the same.
    (you only have to do steps 1,2 & 3 once.)

1. FIRST, open Excel (before you even download the file. )

2. Press alt + F11

3. From the Microsoft Visual Basic Menu, Select TOOLS, select REFERENCES, then find "Microsoft Internet Controls" and place a checkmark next to it. Click OK and Exit everything.

4. Import, paste or type symbols into column A

5. Press the "Get Earnings" button.

9. FTT's work in any market. Eliminating directional bias from ones trading provides the basis for Journal III. If you seek answers to how a "long only" bias performed during a bear market period, I recommend reviewing Journals I & II for your answers. This question has been discussed numerous times in the past.

Good Trading to you.

- Spydertrader

#10     Dec 31, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.