Spydertrader's Jack Hershey Equities Journal II

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Spydertrader, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #51     Oct 20, 2005
  2. #52     Oct 20, 2005
  3. Sold all shares of CMCO at the $23.39 USD price point.

- Spydertrader

#53     Oct 20, 2005
  4. bdolnik

bdolnik

Thanks Spyder, after reading over your first journal I'm just starting out. I appreciate all your efforts and have hopefully learned from them.

I'm also going back and reading Jack's stuff now, which is a lot clearer after having started with yours. I think starting the other way around would have been much more difficult.

#54     Oct 20, 2005
  5. txuk

txuk

6. #56     Oct 20, 2005
  7. jpwood123

jpwood123

SpyderTrader,

Thought I'd mention here in your Journal that I've placed Hershey Modular v1.0 on the Wealth-Lab website. It's available there to anyone wanting to take a look.

The driving force behind Hershey Modular was to put together a script that would (hopefully) make it easier to test various Hershey related ideas. As it is currently configured, it can be used to scan a watchlist of stocks. More importantly, however, it can be easily changed to test various ideas.

Hershey Modular is based on the work you and others contributed toward the current script(s).

One of the primary differences between Hershey Modular and previous Hershey scripts is that it tests all available price data instead of just the last 127 days. In addition, I included a number of system parameters in the "const" (constant) section at the top of the script that will allow users to "play" with various built-in features. Finally, all of the main activities are placed in either Procedures or Functions - hence the "modular" name. Hopefully this will give potential system testers good example code for creating and/or testing their own ideas.

I hope this script will prove to be of value to you and other Hershey followers, and that others will make Hershey Modular better by contributing code and/or ideas to the system.

Regards,
    jpwood

#57     Oct 21, 2005
  8. Many thanks to jpwood123 for sharing his efforts. I appreciate the contribution. In order to make Hershey Modular Script easier to locate, I have linked directly to it here.

- Spydertrader

#58     Oct 21, 2005
  9. Final Universe Update

I have eliminated the following stocks from the Final Universe List as of 2005-10-21: CMT IIG STV. Not coincidentally, all these stocks trade on the AMEX.

- Spydertrader

#59     Oct 21, 2005
  10. bdolnik

bdolnik

My Final Universe looks like this after making the above deletions...

BTUI CKCM CMCO CTHR DCAI DPTR ENER FORD GMXR HANS IRIS JMDT KNDL LIFC LUFK NFLX NGAS NGPS NTRI RATE RTSX SNHY TIE TRGL VDSI VIVO VPHM

How does this compare to yours Spydertrader?

Also I had the following stocks in dry up today, none of which reached volume by 11:30...

CMT KNDL NGPS RTSX SNHY VPHM

#60     Oct 21, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.