Spydertrader's Futures thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bundlemaker, Nov 6, 2007.

1. xiaodre

xiaodre

Boy, I hate to feed the trolls, but, if you are really interested in one on one hands-on tutoring with Spyder, why don't you ask him?

If he says come on out, you fly out to wherever he is, you pay for his coffee and lunch, you sit next to him at the Starbucks (SBUX) and you watch him and ask him questions, and if he wants, he'll tell you what he's doing.

From what I've read here, he was more than willing to sit down next to Hypostamus and show him what he did. Maybe, if you are lucky, he would agree to something similar with you.

#51     Dec 6, 2007
  2. Avi 8

Avi 8

Don't hate me because I'm profitable.

PS: Nice work on the posts per day - up to 9 now!

#52     Dec 6, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

Feed the troll? Not at all, we are just having a good time playing with him. He is like a little kitten. You throw him a dust bunny and he chase after it like a tiger.
    (at least he thought he is a tiger.)

#53     Dec 6, 2007

4. I love reading what Jack writes, it speaks volume for me, his sense of humour is second to none, he's a deep thinker and a great trader. I hope to meet him one day:D

#54     Dec 6, 2007
  5. xiaodre

xiaodre

Horseshit. He was profitable the first year of the equities journal, and has been profitable in the other equities journals, too.

DISCLOSURE: I don't trade this method, and don't know much about it.

#55     Dec 6, 2007
  6. Roman A

Roman A

#56     Dec 6, 2007
  7. Tums

Tums

OMG ! This guy is delusional !!!

#57     Dec 6, 2007
  8. cd23

cd23

I see that your limit order entry at 50 or 100 level is a good filter for passing on trades except when the market is peppy. On the ES T&S the 50 or more filter display is often not moving while the T&S that shows all trades is moving along almost faster than it can be read. I use 10 point font.

From what I understand you do pull the limit orders once you see that the market has moved out of the particular range of the trade.

Trading in the 50 to 100 car range puts you in the company of a more select group of traders as well. Since you also get the best fills there I am thinking that the Tillson you are using is also a contributing part of things.

1200 trades made 25,000 dollars net. I am mulling over how the 1200 was arrived at. For sure a trade is a trade whether it is 50 or 100 lots. 50 times1200 is a significant portion of the market.

I know that your price display and P&L below it is for 1 contract only as a simplification technique.

How much of your 150 million in capital is devoted to this? I'm just getting a feel for the mental multipliers.

I didn't understand the part about the limit order going to market after a timed delay. I do understand the two accounts and their independence. The delay coming along in one or both accounts seems like an entry and, especially an exit, could get a little off in the timing of markets during choppy times. Maybe there is not much trading in chop with 50 or 100 cars.

TIA.

#58     Dec 6, 2007
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

lets take this somewhere else cause by the pulling of the spydermonkie thread by the mods and the comments by jack about driving people to his tread it seems the mods are protecting this guy because they think he is contributing to their bottom line somehow.. so if you want to move i will keep talking
    <table border="1" width="100%" >
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" height="19">From what I understand you do pull the limit orders once you see that the market has moved out of the particular range of the trade.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" bgcolor="#00FFFF" height="19">correct</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" height="38">Trading in the 50 to 100 car range puts you in the company of a more select group of traders as well. Since you also get the best fills there I am thinking that the
    tillison you are using is also a contributing part of things.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" bgcolor="#00FFFF" height="38">right about the size and
    fills - I think the trillion is good no doubt but I think the $200.00
    money management stop is key and for the counter trend model there is
    magic between the stop amount and the profit target.&nbsp; basically your
    trading noise with a tillison filter, but I tested many filters and
    several are good.&nbsp; the tillison has a nice blend of quickness and
    stableness.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" height="19">How much of your 150 million in capital is devoted to this? I'm just getting a feel for the mental multipliers.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" bgcolor="#00FFFF" height="19">350,000.&nbsp; but there is
    about 500 in the account most time.&nbsp; remember its day trading.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" height="19">I didn't understand the part about the limit order going to market after a timed delay.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" bgcolor="#00FFFF" height="57">ok lets say i missed the sell
    or buy and its flipping around there, i see that there is an increase of
    order flow - i now want in that trade if only 2 minutes has gone by and
    the price is still reasonable to what i wanted i would like to be in that
    trade because it seems the harder to get into trades with my size means a
    bunch of larger guys all want the same thing and there is enough push
    there to make the move worth while.&nbsp; it happens over and over i see
    this.&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" height="38">&nbsp;I do understand the two accounts and their independence. The delay coming along in one or both accounts seems like an entry and, especially an exit, could get a little off in the timing of markets during choppy times.&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" bgcolor="#00FFFF" height="38">yea im only talking about the
    entries and then the profit targets move on the counter trend model and if
    there is some really fast action i may even just start trailing a stop at
    least at break even, cause i am expecting it to really explode.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" height="19"> Maybe there is not much trading in chop with 50 or 100 cars.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="100%" bgcolor="#00FFFF" height="1">actually you bring that up -
    there is a whole story there worthy of a book about something i learned
    when i traded 1500 contacts at a time for smith barney when the contract value
    was 500 a point.&nbsp; i learned this and you can see yourself the big
    guys are never the top or bottom and there are some patterns to look for
    when the market is about to turn around some big orders.&nbsp; i think the
    understanding of the auction theory and market profile helped me
    understand this better than anything.&nbsp; Christ please dont ask me so
    many questions all at once...</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

#59     Dec 7, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums

the mod is protecting a snake oil salesman who pays NO advertising fee? BUT deleted your thread ???
    I wonder why?

#60     Dec 7, 2007