Spydertrader's Futures thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bundlemaker, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Tums

Tums

I called you WHAT ??? LOL. You are delusional. Go back to read my posts again.

Like I said before: I don't know you, I have never heard of you until this week. I have no basis to say any bad thing against you. I have no need to call you anything. (I won't demand an apology from you.)

Your enemies are all in your head!

p.s. but it seems you enjoy being called "certain" name, because you repeat it to yourself many times. Maybe you are feeling an attachment to the name because it fits so well?

#141     Dec 9, 2007
  2. JB3

JB3

I don't understand how any who has tried to make a living in the markets can read what Spyder has written in his thread, and discredit it. To me, it is a masterpiece. Even if you don't trade it exactly the same as Spyder, there are just so many fundamental lessons in there that it will make you a better trader. There is no magic indicator, no special risk/money management system, no targets/stops...just good methods to learn from the markets. I just wish I was smarter and have more time to really learn about the SCT system. I simply can't keep up with the pace the threads are growing. And to anyone who bashes Spyder, what exactly do you not agree with the SCT system? To me, any system that is based on price and volume is worth pursueing. I've learned from my previous experience, that this is what the market all boils down to.

#142     Dec 9, 2007
  3. JB3

JB3

Like I said, the JH method never said not to use good money management or trading psychology. Actually, I read one of his pdf files that was focused on building minds for trading. The JH is just good fundamentals to the workings of the market, and Spyder is graceous enough to explain it to the little guys like myself who would have never grasp some of the things that Jack was talking about. And many traders are not profitable until they finally find a method that suit their needs, everyone started this way. And when price and volume fails me? That's the whole market, and you would know this if you trade the market.

Let me ask you a quick question, what do you use to trade? Which system and which indicator? Because most of it are just price and volume that is made to look like something else. And a ton of it is hindsight. I may be new to the JH method, but I'm not new to the markets. If people talk about price, volume, channels, trin/tick...I tend to listen more than some guy using indicators.

#143     Dec 10, 2007
  4. cd23

cd23

A comment too long to post directly.

#144     Dec 10, 2007
  5. hughb

hughb

I have never paid any attention to Hershey other than one post where he claimed that he lounges at Camp David and autographs his books. That was some months back and I'm sure the thread was deleted. Anybody who would make the claims that he makes is probably a bit nuts. I'm not talking about someone who needs to be commited to an institution, but he probably does suffer from slight neuroses. He's not taking anybody's money, so it's not a big deal. The only people who are going to give him a chance are the most naive of tyros, (and maybe fellow neurotics). A person who is really making an effort to learn, and is learning from Hershey, will quickly find out he is not what he claims to be.

#145     Dec 10, 2007
  6. JB3

JB3

So at least Spyder put it all out there to see, the method and his thoughts behind it, it's for everyone to read and judge for themselves. On the other hand, you won't even state what you do and how you do it. Not that I expect it, but it's hard to criticize others for putting it on the line when you yourself are too scared to even discuss about an edge.

As for price action, it is based on price and volume. The speed of price depends on the rate of volume in a direction. Like I said, the markets are based on these 2 fundamentals. There are other tools and data to help.

But I've wasted enough time trying to defend Spyder and the JH method. I'll just go on my merry way, got a lot of catching up to do. If you just bother reading some of Spyder's thread, you would easily identify some of the knowledge, albeit spoken in difference ways...can be broken down into higher highs and lower lows to determine trend. And how volume is related to price. I believe it because it resonates with all of my experience of the market. It is not because it is just some smoke and claims of profit.

#146     Dec 10, 2007
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

hypo, I bet you opened the doc and read it, didn't you? LOL. And no, I didn't open it, no interest whatsoever.

#147     Dec 10, 2007
  8. Sorry. I am not here. I don't post to C-C threads. Was it from CD23 or CD32?

#148     Dec 10, 2007
  9. JB3

JB3

We can agree to this at least, there is more than 1 way to make money in this market, you can use price action or whatever you choose. And no one is asking anyone to divulge their method, I stated that most traders are too scared to do it anyways. I was proven right. It is perfectly understandable. I've tested numerous systems myself, and failed multiple times. If given the opportunity, I would love to meet Spyder and Jack in real life. They are not selling anything and I've learned quite a bit from the stuff they have written, looks like I got the better end of the deal. Hehe.

#149     Dec 11, 2007