spybot-search and destroy

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by hoodooman, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Can anyone show me the website where I can get this application totally free including removing the spywear?

2. gnome

gnome

Just Google. It's from Germany.

FWIW... just recently saw a comparo of spyware programs... they gave Spybot only a so-so rating. Their 2nd favorite choce was Microsoft AntiSpyware, which is also free.

3. Surdo

Surdo

4. Thanks people.

5. ER9

ER9

im starting to wonder if spybot still updates its free program. iv'e been using it for a couple years and it hasn't updated in at least a year on my pc.

could be bugged or auto update is broken but check to see if its a current version.

6. Well I tried to down load microsoft anti spyware but it doesn't work on my antiquated 1999 computer.

7. Bsulli

Bsulli

If your still running 1.2 or 1.3 they stopped updating it. Must uninstall older builds and install 1.4

I run it on 10 machines at my church as well as several machines at the house and they release new definitions every month or so. Current definitions 10-14-05

But if you really want to keep the crap from getting installed in the first place install the freeware program called spyblaster. You have to manually update every month but I never have to deal with spyware by using it.
    Bsulli

8. In addition to Spybot, I run Ad-Aware. Each seems to catch different stuff and both are free.

9. ER9

ER9

Thanks...didn't realize that.

#10     Oct 20, 2005