SPY is about to hit its 52 week high. What is going to happen?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 21, 2012.

Price will

1. Bounce off and go back down at least 15%

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Bounce off and go back down at least 10%

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Bounce off and go back down at least 5%

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Go through onto new highs!

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
  5. Chop around that level and go nowhere for awhile. Boring.

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Well, price hit the 52 week high today.

What is going to happen?

#21     Feb 24, 2012
  2. I asked for a prediction, not some vague nonsense and a chart that doesn't answer the question.

Instead of telling me "the chart patterns tell you a great deal," which is vague and non-specific, how about translating that into something useful? No one is asking you to reveal your super secret price prediction formula. I was just asking:

Is price going to continue up?

Chop around this level?

Or begin to go back down, ending this up trend?

Surely if "the chart patterns tell you a great deal" you should be able to answer that question.

#22     Feb 24, 2012
  3. pma

pma

How about clear the 52 week high-get everyone long. Then drop below for at least 10% *Disclaimer-I only trade interday-but because nobody can think it can happen,it probably will.

#23     Feb 24, 2012
  4. I got him on ignore... haven't heard that stupid name since you mentioned it lool :p

#24     Feb 24, 2012
  5. value investor like this market at these levels, so they are still buying
    money on the sideline is about fed up with low interest rates, so they will be buying.
    Someone whose been in since 2002 will brag how much he's already made in his 401k this year since Jan 1 and his fellow employeess will get back in.

the only question is the dollar and oil, and both of them are hard to predict as to their influence on the market.

at anyrate, the market is a lot easier to trade if there is someone else participating other than just traders. The non traders who left are coming back. (that's not a fact, it's a prediction.) You have to read it in it's proper tense. So don't bore me with any statistics, by the time they agree it's already too late.

that doesn't mean the market is going up, it just means it should be easier to trade

#25     Feb 24, 2012
  6. it is a bull market. Required structural changes are in place. Looks like it has at least 3 mths to go.

#26     Feb 24, 2012
  7. Can you quantify the "required structural changes" that suggest the market will go up for the next 3 months?

I'm curious as to what makes it more likely to go up for the next 3 months as opposed to randomly reversing and coming down at some point during the next 3 months.

#27     Feb 25, 2012
  8. O
    Order imbalance

#28     Feb 25, 2012
  9. The Fed decides it; Ben said the interest rate will remain low for a while.

#29     Feb 25, 2012
  10. I don't know. Do you think buffet likes these levels? I don't. I quit day trading a long time ago (and stopped losing money) God bless NoDoji. I bought BAC at $5ish, NFLX at $60ish. That's what value investors/swing traders like...blood.
    I'm not arguing the market won't keep going up, there's a good chance it will, but I wouldn't think Buffet would buy NFLX after a double...do you? :confused:

#30     Feb 26, 2012