SPY has broken all support - market crash imminent

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Political rant... ignored.
    But I view the coffers being raided as accurate. It's just that I believe the left wing congress, Clinton... (oh wait now I'm ranting...)

The overall point about over spending our way to wealth not working is spot on. But, we all have opinions on what portions were spent appropriately (National Security) and what portions were inappropriate (most welfare oriented programs.)

Good trading.

#31     Jan 20, 2009
  2. Who knew predicting the future would be this easy?

#32     Jan 20, 2009
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Rock, thanks for reading my post and understanding it correctly. Whether we agree on everything is not so important as whether we communicate clearly and do our best to extract the truth from rhetoric. Though we may believe that welfare programs in the form of a handout are, except in emergencies to mitigate untoward human suffering, counterproductive and lead to dependence rather than independence, I would note, however, that the amounts spent by the US on welfare have generally been dwarfed by military and medical spending. Thus even if we made deep cuts in welfare spending it would hardly be noticed on the bottom line. Nevertheless, the value and virtue of welfare spending is certainly a topic worth debating, not because of the cost but because of the potential for damage when done inappropriately.

If we are going to bring our expenditures into line with our income we have no choice but to consider first the areas of greatest cost.

#33     Jan 21, 2009
  4. bkveen3

bkveen3

Our greatest debt liabilities of the present and future are social programs. Believe me they make the Iraq war look like a three day vacation. Check out how much we owe the baby boomers. Long live the welfare state! We all know it has done so much good for America.

#34     Jan 21, 2009
  5. I wonder how many n00bs shorted yesterday? lol

#35     Jan 21, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Calm down a 50 point "RALLY" in the market is nothing, dont worry the shorts will make money. The SPX will be trading at new lows sometime over the next few weeks, maybe even sooner.

:D :D :D :D :D

#36     Jan 21, 2009
  7. we *could* end the day up 300 on the dow. We have the volume and a lot of short sellers have tight stops and know deep in their minds that the economy isn't as bad as the propagandists would have you beleive.

#37     Jan 21, 2009
  8. Welfare is public schools, health care being available to all citizens even if they can't afford to pay and have no insurance, unemployment benefits, food stamps, and actual welfare.

#38     Jan 21, 2009
  9. Adobian

Adobian

UYG ETF is onsale for one day only. You have an hour from now.

#39     Jan 21, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Ill wait and buy it for $2.50.

Its up 20% right now, if anything today is a day you SELL, not buy. Doesnt anyone understand that its days when the markets are down is when you buy....

#40     Jan 21, 2009