SPY, EEM, FXI, EWQ, EWP all showing signs of THE ultimate bottom

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by PortI385, Nov 24, 2008.

1. oatmeals

oatmeals

you had me at "um yeah"

#21     Nov 25, 2008
  2. I disagree about AMZN, however. Amazon is in a unique position where it is both a technology, consumer staple and a consumer discretionary type stock.

Amazon will not hold up in this type of environment just as it did not hold up in 2001. However, when everything is said and done then you want to be in Amazon.

I cant find any good alternatives to Amazon. Ebay has become horrible with its different fees. Amazon offers a customer service line to complain, return policies and free shipping which are services that EBAY does not offer.

You will want to be in Amazon on the next recovery, however, the potential for Amazon to reach single digits right now is real just as it was real in 2001-2002. You dont know how low it will go....My guess is to start looking at amazon in the 20s.

#22     Nov 25, 2008
  3. Wow, do you work on Wall Street?
    What firm are you with?

#23     Nov 25, 2008
  4. More often than not , I generally respect your comments, but this time I have to ask , "and what is your point?''

Some contributers can be aggravating. However, I feel that you can cut some slack on 2007...not sticking up for him, but you have to give him is due, that through out most threads he has been relatively consistent and generally "'not too far off the mark".

Personally, I am guilty of needling a lot of the half wits, including Port, as they do not really contribute anything worthwhile.

If I am wrong , I will justify my opinion by getting myself another glass of wine. Cheers.

On the side, just got to love this market momentum for trading.:cool:

#24     Nov 25, 2008
  5. PortI385

PortI385

6. PortI385

PortI385

#26     Nov 25, 2008
  7. the new era is far from over

large cap smarty tech stocks like rimm google aaple ma bidu fslr will lead the next bull market. avoid transports and financials. buy eem, qqqq, ewz,

#27     Nov 26, 2008
  8. What I saw was a lower bottom.

:cool:
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    The object of reading the tape is to ascertain, first, how and, next, when to trade -- that is, whether it is wiser to
    buy than to sell. It works exactly the same for stocks as for cotton or wheat or corn or oats -- Jesse Livermore
    <a href="http://turtlezilla.com/articles/38-steps_to_be_a_successful_trader" alt="38-steps to be a successful trader" style="color:#eeeedb; text-decoration: none; font-size:0px">38-steps to be a successful trader</a>

#28     Dec 1, 2008
  9. Weak hands? You mean global financial institutions like banks, insurances and pension funds? :cool:

#29     Dec 1, 2008
  10. We're only giving back the gains made on lighter volume. Most of the gains still hold. Dow still above october 10th levels.

#30     Dec 1, 2008