SPY 88 Won't Fall For Months: A Contrarian Hypothesis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, May 23, 2009.

Will SPY 87-88 Level Be Breached Soon?

1. Will Go Up For At Least A Month

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Likely Will Fill May04 Gap And Stay Range-Bound

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Going Down: Will Breach 87-88 Within A Month

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Going Down: Will Breach 87-88 Within Two Weeks

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Going Down Fast: Will Breach 87-88 Within One Week

18 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Could explain intuitive trading a bit more? Would the expression common sense trading capture the same thing? I like intuitive better than common sense because it is short(i)er and also because profitable common sense trading might not be that common.

#31     Jun 25, 2009
  2. by intuitive i mean something that is hard to write out on a piece of paper. for example, today i looked at chart1, chart2, indicator2 and indicator4 and decided to trade in the particular market direction. tomorrow maybe i will look at chart3 and indicator2 and will ignore the other charts and indicators. maybe i can easily write down what chart3 and indicator2 tell me, but it is harder to explain why i focused on these two this time. but i think it is still possible to explain every step in the thought process, it may just take time and effort. so intuitive trading is not some voodoo.

basically, i have no clue what i am talking about - this is exactly what intuitive trading is all about IMHO. :)

#32     Jun 25, 2009
  3. Wow! Another successful re-test of the magic 88 level today. Nice Vix spike today!

[​IMG]

#33     Jul 6, 2009
  4. what's expected when a major resistance level is tested multiple times in a reasonably short period of time? whenever/if the level breaks, is it expected to be a really nasty breakdown?

it is quite interesting that this major level has been tested 4 times in the last two months.

#34     Jul 6, 2009
  5. support held yet again: tick, tock...

:D

#35     Jul 7, 2009
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

Will you cover if it closes below today?

#36     Jul 8, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

still holding! In spite of those devilish dips.

#37     Jul 9, 2009
  8. noddyboy

noddyboy

I wonder if the market has to go anywhere at all. It can just stay flat for a year, can't it?
    :confused:

#38     Jul 9, 2009
  9. noddyboy

noddyboy

Okay SPY 88 has fallen and everyone is quiet.

#39     Jul 12, 2009
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Well most don't consider a close 0.04, or whatever, below 88 significant. That is why everyone is silent. We are still waiting for 88 to be breached for real, and that means a close significantly below, not just a point or two. Surely we will eventually close well below 88 as the market works to complete a right shoulder of an inverted head and shoulders pattern so typical of bottoms. But who knows? You can't make too much of this weeks rise because this is options expiration week.

#40     Jul 16, 2009