SPY 3:15pm??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Oct 15, 2002.

1. The great crash of '29 and the massive volcano Krakatoa East Of Java (or was it West?) also occured at the 50-day SMA.

[​IMG]

Powerful.

#41     Oct 15, 2002
  2. What are those lights good for ?

10110 ?
    Broker ?

You may post some more screenshots, if you like. :)

#42     Oct 15, 2002
  3. efoda

efoda

3:15 reminded me of someone who's been sexually repressed they're whole lives and then just goes nuts

for me, it was chopped the whole day and then it seemed like it hit a nerve.

the first thing i thought was that 2 extremely large buy and sell programs went off at the exact same time setting off another and another.

after getting stopped 3 times in a row, i decided the market was trading in a way that i had no interpretation for. so i got out of the market. 3:15 reafirmed that decision. i have to agree with alphexicol on that rtharp: it did happen in a matter of seconds... a 10 point swing up and then down and then up and then down. maybe someday i'll be able to trade that :)

#43     Oct 15, 2002
  4. proptr8r

proptr8r

dude, when are you gonna start trading??? when you have 2000 posts? it's only money... dive on in!!!

#44     Oct 15, 2002
  5. NKNY

NKNY

They may look tradable but those moves happened very quickly and furiously...jumping 2 to 5 points at a time.... I was actually waiting for some really bad news to cross. When we held support and wouldn't drop I figured I stay in but had my finger on the trigger for a quick exit.... But to initiate a position there would be lunacy....And mind you....I'm not the consertivitave type...

Nick

#45     Oct 15, 2002
  6. Maybe Baron should start charging Aphie $2.40 per post as commission on any day he doesn't trade a futures contract :D

#46     Oct 15, 2002
  7. Maybe he should charge you to read my posts! :mad:

#47     Oct 15, 2002
  8. 10110 status light lets me know I'm connected to eSignal.

Broker lets me know I'm connected to IB.

When I start trading, both lights will be lit. :D

#48     Oct 15, 2002
  9. exactly. when they were quoting 75 even bid 80 even offer, then 70 even bid 73 even offer, then 72 even bid 76 even offer, etc. in rapid succession, almost any fill was possible. I heard it on the squawk. It was wild.

#49     Oct 15, 2002
  10. tracedef

tracedef Guest

You took the words out of my mouth.

#50     Oct 15, 2002