SPY 3:15pm??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Oct 15, 2002.

1. rtharp,

This isn't a 1,2 or 5 minute graph. That is a 250 tick graph. Those 5 point jumps were occuring within SECONDS. You are probably a much better trader than I would be out of the gates but to me, that is just insanity. As long as I've been watching ES (months), I've never seen it do that.

#31     Oct 15, 2002
  2. ddefina

ddefina

The ES is down 10 points already after the close. Could be just as wild during the after hours tonight.

#32     Oct 15, 2002
  3. Why is it down? What's the news?

#33     Oct 15, 2002
  4. intc missed.

#34     Oct 15, 2002
  5. Ditch

Ditch

If you want to capitalize max. on after hour moves trade ESTX50.

#35     Oct 15, 2002
  6. I guess we're not breaking 900 this month.

#36     Oct 15, 2002
  7. That insanity is one reason why I almost never use hard stops.

It was either the boyz (my guess) tearing you a new one, or some wierd computer malfunction somewhere, that kept executing size.

Fast markets especially when there's no reason for it, are pure gambling.

#37     Oct 15, 2002
  8. That was beyond fast. That was Hyper-market on crack. I'm not even sure IB's computers would have had time to execute stops with that whipsawing. I can't imagine big-boys could execute trades that quickly -- unless it was some sort of computer aided trading. It was just moving much too fast.

#38     Oct 15, 2002
  9. I use a proprietary computer generated voice callout of the futures, and it sounded like it was being sodomized.

#39     Oct 15, 2002
  10. tmb

tmb

The wild action occurred at the price corresponding to the 50-day SMA (just above 88), for what it's worth. The longs were looking to close above it after coming back in just 4 sessions from a new multi-year low and I think some of the big players may have had other ideas.

#40     Oct 15, 2002