SPY 3:15pm??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Theories?

[​IMG]

#21     Oct 15, 2002
  2. it's "chop."

#22     Oct 15, 2002
  3. that some guys put in wrong priced program trades. It was a great move, JNJ dropped 40 cents on it, great scalp.

Volitility is GOOD!!!

#23     Oct 15, 2002
  4. that excuse is getting old....

actually, it was worse for me, chopwise, about 1/2 before that outrageous spoo action.

#24     Oct 15, 2002
  5. ddefina

ddefina

Luckily don't have a plan for large gaps that don't fill, so no trades, just watching the action and imagining how much I would've lost on those whipsaws the last hour.

I remember the same thing happening on the NQ 4-5 months ago. If you flip positions it gets expensive.

#25     Oct 15, 2002
  6. That's not chop, that's a blender.

#26     Oct 15, 2002
  7. Glad I had turned everything off at 3pm and called a friend. Good luck to trade that market. I looked for a short entry the whole afternoon but in my experience shorting this kind of market intraday is just a waste of money. Nothing should surprise me anymore I guess. We got terrible intraday trading conditions until last Thursday prompting you to take profit almost immediately then the market takes off like a rocket and keeps gapping up up an away in an insane fashion.
    Maybe tomorrow will be tradable see INTC getting slammed in AH!

#27     Oct 15, 2002
  8. anyone who went long before the close has their nuts in the blender now. Tomorrow could be as ugly as today was good

makes you glad to be a daytrader

#28     Oct 15, 2002
  9. ddefina

ddefina

Ouch. :D I don't know if the PPT will be there for them tomorrow. :mad:

#29     Oct 15, 2002
  10. opportunity

#30     Oct 15, 2002