SPY 3:15pm??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Htrader, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Anyone know why the Spoos just started moving like crazy at 3:15pm? Its moving up/down 5 points at a time.

2. I was just gonna post that same thing. Unbelievable.

3. My Jasper program went CRAZY! ES covered 6 points in a second! Man I bet people got burned on that one. I've never seen it that volatile. That was NASTY.

4. Ditch

Ditch

F*cking assholes in the pit that jerk it around to make some $$$, I guess, the NQ hardly did move. This bullshit is one of the reasons I don't trade ES any more.

5. must have been a typo error
    !!!!!:cool:

6. That was just totally disorderly movement. Looks like a program went off and triggered another program -- or some type of computer FU.

I've never seen it like that. I'm glad I didn't pick today to start trading.

Ps: You can look at the graph and tell something went haywire -- they play dirty games but this reeks of something more. It looks like pure static.

7. dawg

dawg

there was also HUGE vol on the ES almost 40k contracts in a 5 minute span. could mark a short term top? .:confused:

8. :confused:

9. no typo. squawk was calling out 2-3 handle spreads..4X6 5X8 3X5 in that order that fast.

10. Seth,

Jasper is a program I am writing to help me with order managment via IB. I don't like their interface or software too much so I came up with my own autotrader. Its coming along slowly but surely ...

#10     Oct 15, 2002