spx to 2500 by 2017

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, May 20, 2013.

1. S2007S

S2007S

2500 by 2017....

Found this tonight....article from last week ...says 100% risk free upside ....

I think the strategist is lying. I think he meant 2500 by 2014.

I still have no clue why people are still working and punching in and out 8am to 5pm or whatever hours they work, don't they know that the spx can be the answer to no work.

The answer to living without working is all in the spx. With zero risk you do not have work again. Simple as that.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100741998

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

You do realize that is only a 11% compounded annual growth rate right? Optimistic? Sure. But not that far fetched.

3. S2007S

S2007S

Exactly right ...11% compounded annual growth rate is certainly achievable that's why I think no needs to work, at the rate the markets moving this is certain to happen by the end of 2014.

Nikkei is already up close to 50% ytd! Same thing can certainly happen to the Spx going into 2014...as long as zero interest rates stay put which they will into 2020 and the fed keeps purchasing $85 billion worth of mortgage backed securities its going to happen.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are being over dramatic. Could it also be the reason Japan is up so much this year because for two decades they went no where. You do know the Nikkei traded at 38k at the highs. It's only 15k now.

As for our markets, think about this, we were trading at 1550 in 1998. Yes, 1998! For 15 years we basically went no where. Both are playing catch up.

I'm sure volatility will find it's way back in this market sooner or later, but it's best to have some perspective.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

[​IMG]

Honestly, at 15k, does this really look overbought to you. Or oversold.

6. TILT2

TILT2

You bet. I guess everybody would be happy that they don't have to work any more.

7. Looks oversold from a chart perspective, but the PE ratio is something like 28 and there appears to be a limit to the QE they can do without causing the JGBs to implode.