SPX Has Topped For The Year Or Pabst Will Leave ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pabst, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Good to see a total balls on the line prediction from someone who's got some experience. WTG :)

#11     Sep 30, 2006
  2. Good Luck, but just in case I'll fire up the tar pot, volente you get the feathers, and Caddyshack you organize the lynch mob. :D

#12     Sep 30, 2006
  3. Hi Pabst,

I prefer a public flogging to you leaving ET... we could have Barron handle it Singapore style...

then you could make multiple calls with the result being either profits or pops (American school slang for corporal punishment)

:p

cj...

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#13     Sep 30, 2006
  4. piezoe

piezoe

I've been waiting since August. I'm riding a BWB in SPX that's looking mighty tasty but please not 1200 in two weeks. Can we settle for 1260?

#14     Sep 30, 2006
  5. Banjo

Banjo

Dead man walking...

We are just breaking out of a chanel that started late 2001, resistance levels are 1365.1, 1453.3, 1520. Below 1315.6 will be the caution flag.

#15     Sep 30, 2006
  6. LT701

LT701

anything to do with oil bottoming, if indeed it has?

also, rather than leaving, just admit you're wrong QUICKLY if it occurs

far more constructive than stubborness, financial self infliction and self banishment, and a better example

'Rather it's a call I'm making off of a complex analysis of measured moves that provide the backbone of my trading. '

hopefully, not elliot wave

#16     Sep 30, 2006
  7. Pabst,

Why the drama, unless you are looking for a potential excuse to leave ET? I hope you're right, but I don't understand why you would risk an unnecessary stake. If someone else made such a declaration, what would be your first impression and general assessment?

#17     Sep 30, 2006
  8. No one can call bottoms, and no one can call tops, period. There are too many variables - just too damn many.

Pabst - Why put the pressure on yourself to be right with such precision?

Why not just proclaim that we're close to a top now, and resistance will be incredibly strong?

A bear case can be made strongly without getting hungup by numerical precision.

I have no clue where this market is headed - My gut tells me we've topped, but there's so much money on the sidelines around the globe, and I have no idea where it will all flow if at least a good portion of it doesn't flow into U.S. equities.

#18     Sep 30, 2006
  9. LT701

LT701

equally disturbing is the notion that participation on a messageboard being as or more important than a signifigant financial hit

a dangerous lack of perspective, IMO

#19     Oct 1, 2006
  10. No worries, if your wrong just get a new user name.

#20     Oct 1, 2006