SPX Credit Spread Trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by El OchoCinco, May 17, 2005.

1. Still alive and kicking....

#14121     May 21, 2015
    samuel11 likes this.
  2. hey OC its been awhile man :) what have you been up to?

#14122     May 27, 2015
  3. Missing fattail haha...the group just disappeared... forgot about ET but popped in recently and remembered why I left haha, same ol back and forth between anonymous traders. Nice to see a familiar name.... I only still hear from Atticus...

#14123     May 27, 2015
    polpolik likes this.
  4. timbo

timbo

Haha! Good to see this alias again. Yes. It's the same old anonymous smack here.

#14124     May 27, 2015
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  5. segv

segv

Fattail is coming back as something quite new... I got a little distracted selling the last company, but it's being developed in earnest now. Glad you guys are doing well. :)

#14125     Jun 6, 2015
  6. Even if I was not trading I missed our little rants in FT haha. I think another one should be set up with the original cast members invited back for fun social connections. Great to hear from you segv!

#14126     Jun 7, 2015
    polpolik likes this.
  7. I still have 900 more pages to skim of this thread lol, lots of good stuff though.

#14127     Jun 7, 2015
  8. Just to clarify since a lot of people are still saying things, there was no blow out, the vols were changing and I switched to some different strategies in 2007 long before the huge market collapse, and also the thread was dying out, became more of a social place to chat. That is fine but no way to make money trading, living a life and constantly posting in a journal haha.

Credit spreads were being traded in an account where I was using less than 40% of margin so if a spread did jump in price, I was not wiped out, just some pain in closing but never at full value. People sell this as a monthly income strategy, I was just using it to grow my portfolio in addition to OTHER strategies I never talked about. So if you read this thread, have fun but remember I never said beginners should do this, that everyone should do this, that you will make monthly income to live off of, that you should stick with this even when vols change, etc... Also optioncoach is a nickname, not my profession or service I offer or ever did. If I called myself optionwizard, would not mean I was a real wizard...

ET is a place for fun chat on trading, so do not take it so serious.

#14128     Jul 8, 2015
    kinggyppo likes this.
  9. Yo, where's the jessica alba pics!! :)

Hey, you still trading with Mav?

#14129     Jul 8, 2015
  10. Jessica Alba is still on the list but slowly getting replaced by Michelle Lewin (look her up haha). I have not traded prop in many years. Thinkorswim provides great leverage/margin and cheap commission which work great, especially since I do not day trade. I still love ToS.

#14130     Jul 8, 2015