SPW - who made money on it today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hapaboy, Jan 30, 2002.

1. I've been tracking this stock for a couple of weeks. Terrific volatility, trading using previous close as support/resistance and/or trading breakdowns to the 30-minute rule would have been golden...

As a newbie waiting to hear about a prop trader position I've just been paper trading in the meanwhile.

PLEASE tell me one of the elite traders on this board shorted this stock today and made some major CACHINGO! :) :) :)

2. hapa-
    i don't know anyone who shorted...but I know a few of the chatroom boys caught the bottom and made some nice coinage on it.
    I didn't trade it 'cause of my acct size.

3. SPW had a 25 point range today according to my eod data, can that be right? makes NVDA look like XOM.

4. Josh_B

Josh_B

Hi uptick2000

What chatroom were you refeing to, in you post :

"i don't know anyone who shorted...but I know a few of the chatroom boys caught the bottom and made some nice coinage on it. "

Is it open to elitetrader members?

Thanks for your replies

Josh

5. Your eyes do not deceive you. It did indeed have a HUGE range today......

6. ddefina

ddefina

Thanks for pointing that one out Hapaboy. I'll add to my basket. It looks like a nice smooth stock to swingtrade or daytrade.:)

7. Josh B-
    it's a small free yahoo chatroom that about 7 or 8 guys from elite hangout in....you only have to be a yahoo member to get in....if you go to yahoo, then go to clubs, then do a search for elitetrader, you should be able to find it

8. Is the room setup as private, because I was trying to find it, without much luck?

9. Josh_B

Josh_B

I have tried that before, it's the same as praetorian2 I think has suggested too, and a couple of other traders.

I have tried numerous times to get in, signed up but something seems to be wrong and it redirects out to the main page.

Anyone else had similar difficulty and fixed it?

Josh

#10     Jan 31, 2002