Spreadtrading software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Synonym, Jul 10, 2009.

1. there are a few seasonal sites for spreads; this site has a lot of spread charting capabilities, including seasonals.

http://scarrtrading.com

I have never used it, and don't know if it adds in TA or indicators. It DOES have a huge amount of spreading functionality, historical behavior, historical price range and many other things. It is under $200 a year, and you can try out corn and crude free

I used to subscribe to BarChart.com 3+ years ago, its paid version MAY have spread charts, I do not remember.

#11     Jul 12, 2009
  2. Synonym

Synonym

Looks good, i'll check it out. For that money it may well be worth it for just some small functionality. Thanks TraderZones.

Syn

#12     Jul 12, 2009
  3. well, you cannot lose poking around the free ones to see if it what you want. Although I think it highly questionable trying to apply TA to spreads. I am not a TA person, but assuming it is "self-fulfilling" or whatever, there is no reason to think it applies to pairs of instruments. I would seriously test that theory with a lot of simulated trades, and see if you get an "edge" even for your sample. I suspect you will find it almost entirely random.

Seasonal spreads may have a basis. But TA applied to spreads sounds like a blind stretch.

#13     Jul 12, 2009
  4. Synonym

Synonym

Very true. I've a few questions abotu the site an so have contacted the owner. Thanks again for flagging it to me.

I am new to spreadtrading, but from my understanding of price action and having looked at varous spread charts, you can see how it applies. Of course you would only want to keep your TA relatively simple, but having spent a fair bit learning about spreadtrading, apparently trend analysis works very well for many spreads.

#14     Jul 13, 2009