Spreadsheet Streaming Quote Downloads

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Swish, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Jaba122

Jaba122

Swish

you might consider checking myTrack out. I believe they have what you need in a basic package. Hope this helps.

#11     Jan 17, 2002
  2. Neo,

DDE is basically a protocol that lets two different applications talk to each other. So you could have a program that talks to the TWS and sends in orders for you. Pretty much the only reason to do that is to automate order entry, either partially (you still make the trading decisions but automate the order entry to make it faster, for example by having a program determine the size, limit, executing a basket of stocks you've chosen, etc.,) or completely (have a program trade for you without any human intervention.)

voodoo

#12     Jan 17, 2002
  3. just look at the code that IB wrote. It's very clear what you need to do if you've programmed a bit before. The code is included in the Excel spreadsheet you can download from IB web site.

I responded to the Excel performance question on the seperate thread you created.

#13     Jan 17, 2002
  4. I found it by chance several years ago. Not advertised much.

#14     Jan 17, 2002
  5. BeenHere

BeenHere

>just look at the code that IB wrote. It's very clear
    >what you need to do if you've programmed a bit
    >before. The code is included in the Excel spreadsheet
    >you can download from IB web site.

While close, the VBA code from the IB Excel spreadsheet will not work if simply pasted into VB. There is some differences between Excel VBA, Word VBA and VB (thanks a bunch Microsoft).

#15     Jan 17, 2002
  6. Qcharts has a little program called Qlink that will allow you to import streaming quotes into excel.. i am actually going to Atlanta today to buy office xp to use for this very purpose.. ill let you know how it works.. here is the link to qcharts if it interests you..

www.qcharts.com this will redirect you, but eventually you will get to the info..

-qwik

#16     Jan 19, 2002