SpreadProfessor Openings

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bone, Nov 17, 2009.

1. hey bone, spread betting??? do you mean stat arb or the euro spread betting?
    thanks

#41     Nov 23, 2009
  2. bone

bone

Tsun:

You are absolutely spot-on. Some prop firms have approached me about package deals, have reviewed my bona fides, and then requested exclusive rights (with non-compete clauses for rivals).
    It has been sticky to-date but your basic tenet is superb.

#42     Nov 23, 2009
  3. bone

bone

Econo:

Spreads. Beautiful spreads with very high degrees of statisitcal fitness that model like a dream.

Stat Arb would be an automated HF version on spreads that show ridiculously high rates of intraday mean reversion. I have friends in my office space that lease Apama for $18K per month, so I know a little bit about it. Very expensive to do it correctly with all of the associated colocated servers, hardware, software, and geeks.

#43     Nov 23, 2009

4. Great thanks. I remember you from a long time ago, you are the real deal--the APAMA comment just proves you know your stuff. thanks!

pay no mind to that traderzone character--he is just a broken down old timer who seems bitter.
    Can you post some examples here??

#44     Nov 23, 2009
  5. bone

bone

Econo:

I have a copy of the Apama Users Manual, I've read it, and of course I know the guys who use it in their trading group - but I've never used it. In essence, you are building a highly automated spreader which puts you squarely in the domain of stat arb.

The other biggee is Portware.

Credit Suisse has co-located spread order driver servers that they use in exchange for a prime brokerage haircut.

#45     Nov 23, 2009
  6. Thanks Bone.

I was speaking of examples of your trades. Specific names before the fact. Are you willing to provide some real calls here on elite? thanks!

#46     Nov 23, 2009
  7. bone

bone

I can't - I'm not a CTA nor am I a registered broker/money manager. It would be foolish and illegal for me to make buy or sell recommendations.

I enter into a six-month technical consulting contract with my clients. As is evident from earlier posts here from existing clients, I am legit and provide bottom-line results. I will let my clients provide the performance details to prospects seeking due diligence.

#47     Nov 23, 2009

8. fair enough, good luck!

#48     Nov 23, 2009
  9. VJKtrades

VJKtrades

FWIW, I'm one of Spreadprofessor's clients. I chose his services not for the claims to riches, but to receive proper guidance in spreading. His consultation services are just that; It's not a miracle "trading academy", but rather a guidance services for those that would like a lending hand from a legit individual looking to improve his trading.

My experiences may differ from others, however, thus far, i have nothing but positive experiences from his services.

#49     Nov 23, 2009
  10. bone

bone

Thank-you, clients. Very much appreciated.

#50     Nov 29, 2009