SpreadProfessor Openings

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bone, Nov 17, 2009.

1. PPT

PPT

it really goes with the "prudent man" approach.

to me that's common sense.

so we can't question anything?

you don't give a name.

so i can't be skeptical at all?

i can't ask for results?

i can't wonder who the testimonials are coming from?

you posted the word "D***Khead" on your site, so that is pretty harsh and incites a bad atmosphere. you use the term "shit" in your signature. very interesting.

ET is known for people questioning "gurus". it's what this site is all about.

all we want is proof.

i don't care if you are the nicest guy in the world and all your clients love you...I need to ask questions.

you can threaten me i guess...

but why can't you just let the moderators know to delete my account and all my posts??

why not just get an ad, and not a thread?

#21     Nov 22, 2009
  2. Your emotions have got ahead of you...

Kindly inform PTT and the rest of us what it is that is libelous....

A point of interest...since you trade your system along with your clients, could you please advise us of your results for the year and Sharpe ratio and profit factor?

You have nothing to hide as you are a very successful teacher and trader.

NiN

#22     Nov 22, 2009
  3. PPT

PPT

your initials are:

PH

---------

i hope you don't like the Bears.

No Super Bowl this year

:)

#23     Nov 22, 2009
  4. bone

bone

NIN:

I show an Advantage Futures statement on my website, (and yes PPT my initials are 'PH'), where I netted just shy of $500K using no more than $50K per day in margin on just one particular spread combination, the ICE Gas/Oil versus Brent Crude - do you think it's wise to promote myself to potential clients as being able to make a 1000% annual ROI, and even more incredibly on one spread combination where I have hundreds for clients to choose from? Is it fair for a client to extrapolate his performance potential off of that? Of course not. There are all kinds of potholes and pitfalls to promoting a trading system in this den of thieves. Everybody has a right to be skeptical, and I have never ripped anyone off in my life. My personal, credit, and regulatory compliance record is impeccable. I cannot adequately address every two-bit snipe that comes my way. So in the end, the best I can do is have serious prospects talk to current clients, independent of my involvement, and make a determination based upon speaking with clients in Europe, Asia, and the United States. This business is such that I have found some common business acquaintances with prospective clients from all over the place.

#24     Nov 22, 2009
  5. I certainly think bone is legit and $13,000 annualized for mentoring is not exorbitant by any stretch. I agree with Marti regarding the website. You really need your own domain. I am not a spreader, but would definitely consider the fee if I were entering that game.

#25     Nov 22, 2009
  6. I am an experienced spread trader and am signed up with bone. IMO his strategies are effective and they have added to my bottom line. He has been very professional in his dealings with me.

#26     Nov 22, 2009

7. That statement is very suspicious to me. You see I review and process trades at my day job for an institution managing and hedging 100's of billions of dollars. Our statements are just about 40 pages long at each broker.

#27     Nov 23, 2009
  8. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

I think anybody who trades for a living will know that it really isn't that hard to post daily statements of your performance. Even if you do trade spreads. Okay sometimes the back office gets the wrong levels carried over if your in and out around your core position, but its not rocket science to figure it all out. The statement on the website just shows a journal entry. Proof of money moving in and out of the account or across accounts. I don't know how anybody who uses those statements on a daily basis would try to argue that it passed as evidence of trade p/l. I think the 'Gross Profit or Loss' heading would be the area to be looking.

Anyway far be it for me to question Mr Bone. I just find it most curious that 17 years of trading experience would lead to the presentation of ones prowess in such a manner.

#28     Nov 23, 2009
  9. Bones why not just record a few of your trading sessions, don't give us your strategies and block out your account number. Let us see you making $$$. There is free video recording software that can be installed in a few minutes.

#29     Nov 23, 2009
  10. PPT => BestGuruEver: embarrassed himself so bad here had last thread deleted. Ranted about fake markets calls short here, opposite market calls long to clients, being outed by clients as a chatroom guru himself. Hypocrisy. Right at home here in est

#30     Nov 23, 2009