Spreading Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Oct 21, 2011.

1. zhaoyun

zhaoyun

if you are are into spreading forex, perhaps you can check with bone. maybe he can give some insight on this thread too.

best regards.

-zhao

#41     Oct 24, 2011
  2. bone scares me

#42     Oct 24, 2011
  3. I'm not really spreading forex, I'm just pretending to, so I can be like bone and dumb mother

#43     Oct 24, 2011
  4. If you want to know anything about anything ask bone, he knows everything about everything, there is nothing you have been through that he has not already been through.

You may think you are obsessive, but when you talk to him you realize that you are only determined.

#44     Oct 24, 2011
  5. if you like spreading, he'll set you up with about 120 spreads to watch and you only take the ones who make sense to you.

#45     Oct 24, 2011
  6. my favorite is the "widow maker" thats CL vs RB, but forex is more like day school. If you are so conservative and too scared to make any trade try spreading forex.

It's like the grandmothers section of the old womans forum

#46     Oct 24, 2011
  7. zhaoyun

zhaoyun

any progress in your research, oldtime?

best regards.

-zhao

#47     Oct 26, 2011
  8. yes, I suppose. If I was long CHF/JPY outright I would have been stopped out when it was down .75%. Somehow I managed to hang on and ended up about even, maybe a little better by a couple of dollars.

#48     Oct 26, 2011
  9. zhaoyun

zhaoyun

So in the end, how do you spread this trade?

by the way, good to see your spread method works.

best regards.

-zhao

#49     Oct 26, 2011
  10. well, CHf/JPY is already a spread, maybe spread is not the right term, I just spread it out over 5 currencies, like AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP and USD. You pay more in commisions and spreads in exchange for flexibilty. It involves a lot of scaling in (including averaging down.)

Averaging down gets a bad rap, but if one of your losers has not been stopped out and starts moving better than anything else you have on why not add to it? It would be a an entry signal if you hadn't already entered too early. (but I keep them on a short leash, and if they don't perform they get cut back)

#50     Oct 26, 2011