Spread Trading - an easier way to trade!

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Joe Ross, Jul 12, 2004.

1. The book will give you a good start.
    If you purchase the book, inform me that you have it and
    I will send you out some additional items at no cost that will help you even further.

JR

#31     Jul 18, 2004
  2. Joe,

I use seasonality w/ the stock indices on a swing basis, and find the seasonaility spreads of commodities quite compelling. Unfortunately seems my time and resources haven't allowed me the time to research these the way I would like. (So many commodities - so little time.)

Still, if I'm not mistaken we are approaching a seasonally weak period for oil/gasoline no? Perhaps it would help if you could start a thread on one specific example of a spread trade - like one of those twelve you entered last year.

You could begin a new thread by introducing the commodity and the seasonality aspects, basically setting up the trade. You might even tell us the history of the spread performance and what one should look for to make an entry. We could then follow the trade here as it progresses.

I would suggest oil, assuming a spread based on seasonal weakness is right around the corner. Or something on Coffee - that has gotten a lot of interest on the 'Misc Futures' here. Oil might be ideal because, if I am not mistaken, it has a couple dramatic seasonal plays each year that you can revisit from time to time.

Blue

#32     Jul 19, 2004
  3. Nobody can tell you how much you will understand, and no one can tell you if you can translate understanding into successful implementation.

Your questions are odd. Anyway, buying the book alone is certainly insufficient. It is what you do with the book after you buy it that matters. Perhaps you meant to ask something else ...

#33     Jul 19, 2004
  4. Joe,

Good to see you on ET. Please learn, early and liberally, how to use your 'Ignore Member' function. Then you won't have to read all the nonsense that some people can post. It will appear as if they don't exist - quite heavenly. It is also helpful to tell the person that they have been put on ignore so perhaps they will stop annoying everyone else and cluttering your threads.

Blue

#34     Jul 19, 2004
  5. Doesn't Mr Ross run his own chat room? A more appropriate forum, perhaps, for Bluehorseshoe to pursue his transparently uncritical encouragements of Mr Ross , and eliminating the need for his quasi-political attempts at controlling which viewpoints will be admitted to this discussion.

Calculated attempts to secure rent-free space on ET's boards to promote a commercial service are surely acceptable targets for drawing the ire of those weary with the practice, or at the least some goodhumoured heckling.

IMO, well-known trading personalities participating as an individual in the forums are more than welcome. Please, just refrain from indirect solicitation of tutelage fees.

Arguably, condescending and sarcastic answers such as BHS' to Samson's are no lesser contributors towards a poor thread than the categories which BHS tries to suppress.

#35     Jul 19, 2004
  6. Perhaps they are the same person, JR and BHS? That way they can "converse," and tell everyone else to stay out of their conversation. I sensed when this thread started that JR was promoting himself, and have been impressed with the restarint he has shown so far. Only one reference to his book. :p

#36     Jul 19, 2004
  7. ...I was inclining to a similar conspiracy theory, that BHS was a former student who could no longer afford the subscription for Mr Ross' chatroom.

If you are on the mark with your suspicions, it may be ET's resident shrink, E.Kraepelin, should offer his services. Isn't the first indication of madness not talking to oneself but answering oneself?

#37     Jul 19, 2004

8. Damn you're clever. Can't pull the over your eyes hugh? Looks like ET is going to sink to its lowest denominator.

Guess was dunleggin/keeptradin' - you be it.

I find your post particularly offensive because, well, BH is a great deal better looking than JR. Anyone who has visited his website will know what I mean. Hell, he could pass as part of the Bright clan! :eek: Oh wait, that is obviously part of a dark conspiracy to plug his website. Nevermind.

I'm laughing at you clown, and taking my spread enquiries elsewhere so that you can toil in blissful ignorance. Respond all you like - you're ignored.

#38     Jul 20, 2004
  9. ...in a feeble and belated attempt to offer constructive points (for others):

Solve the research time/resources conundrum by using the (reputedly solid) services of Moore Research, www.mrci.com

Normal seasonal weaknesses in the energies complex unlikely to play ball this year..e.g. Heating Oil fundamentals being eclipsed by other drivers.

Not too sure who's toiling in ignorance of what...

#39     Jul 20, 2004
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

wheres the crime in offering advise?
    wheres the crime in selling your ideas?

im glad mr bell and mr watt did arent you?

#40     Jul 20, 2004