Spread Trades

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dmking99, Feb 3, 2008.

1. dmking99

dmking99

I'm in the process of moving my accounts and am looking at 3 firms. OEC, Velocity and Advantage. Here's the issue. I like to uses spreads when the opportunity presents itself.

I looked ant Ninja and found that they weren't set up to handle these types of trades (I got this from their sanle and tech people).

I find that OEC doesn't present an intuitive platform either. What's more I can't even get spread charts to come up (they're blank). I talked to their customer service people and they gave me a way to make the trade but no help on the charting.

I can pay $1200/mo with Velocity to use XTrader Pro which has a spread trader module.

Advantage offers Ninja among others and I'm going to look at their other platforms.

I want a good intuitive platform that handles all types of trades without me doing unnatural acts that will get me arrested, and I wnat a broker who offere great service and execution.

Like any good business man, I work hard to manage costs and make a profit, but I was floored by OEC and Ninja and their lack of understanding of the basics of how one enters a spread trade.http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/newthread.php?s=&action=newthread&forumid=1#
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/newthread.php?s=&action=newthread&forumid=1#

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

Surprisingly, Man offered a good platform, but there were other issues that are forcing me to look.

TIA,

Dennis

2. I am in the process of looking for pretty much the same thing. If you are just looking for the charting capabilities then E signal is one option. But you still have to enter in both legs of the trade seperately.

The autospreader function on X-Trader makes things so much easier. If you think your trading volume is big enough to cover the monthly cost. With the Pro version you also get the X-Study chart plugin.

Not everyone may agree its worth it, but for the autospreader function is good.