Spread Trade Training

Discussion in 'Events' started by bone, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @bone - This is an excerpt from your website. I AM ASKING YOU TO EXPLAIN HOW IT SAYS YOU MADE $500k... PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP, IT SHOULD BE EASY!!

P&L.JPG

#41     Sep 18, 2014
  2. convexx

convexx

I respect the shit out of Baron for not deleting this. Good job, Brother.

#42     Sep 18, 2014
  3. I'll be man enough to admit it. I've been had. I didn't read the account statement clearly enough. Damn, greed really clouds your vision!

#43     Sep 18, 2014
  4. Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    #44     Sep 18, 2014
    Ye Olde Refco likes this.
  5. It looks like bone has removed any references to getting "better pjm prices on the screen". I'm just a retail trader but something isn't making sense. If somebody was actively scalping the gas oil spread, wouldn't month to date commissions reflect that?

And why not just post a p/l statement from the omnibus or master account and settle the whole matter? If that master account p/l statement indicated year end equity of over 500K, I think everybody would be more comfortable.

#45     Sep 18, 2014
  6. convexx

convexx

Yes he did.

bone had this line on the website:

Above is my personal work station setup using the Trading Technologies Auto Spreader for the PJM electricity versus natural gas heat rate spread OTC swap. I can always get a better price here on the screen than through an OTC voice broker because I am picking up a considerable edge in either the power or the nat gas side. In the OTC world, the bid/ask spread can be a few to several thousand dollars or more for the smallest contract size.

He was called-out by ballsofgold on this post for not being an ECP: http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...requirements-cheap.282336/page-6#post-3952437

bone deleted reference to electronic vs. voice on his site:

Above is my personal work station setup from the past using the Trading Technologies Auto Spreader for the PJM electricity versus natural gas heat rate spread OTC swap in 2007 and 2008. While you may or may not have access to Clearport or ICE-LCH products, I am once again demonstrating a breadth of knowledge and live experience resume.

#46     Sep 18, 2014
  7. I think it is telling that bone's only reference is a retail punter who isn't quite at profitability but really wants it. No offense to bone's customer but perhaps 10 months of consulting should produce better results.

#47     Sep 18, 2014
  8. bone

bone

The firm I traded Power and Nat Gas Swaps for was an ECP. And I was personally registered with both ICE and Clearport. I never claimed once that I traded OTC Energy Swaps for my own account. BOG had nothing to do with the website.

Wild Apricot is not a free website. And I own the domain names spreadprofessor.com and spreadprofessor.net.

I have plenty of private client references who have a track record with my system for potential clients I vet and approve of. One current client who hasn't even attempted a live trade yet was brave enough to venture an opinion about his experience is not an "only reference". I extended his contract term gratis in order to spend as much time as he needs paper trading with me and participating in Group Webinars. Happy to do it for him. Every client is different in terms of temperament and risk profile and what he needs to accomplish his own goals.

#48     Sep 18, 2014
  9. I love it when people say "no offense"...But you suck. Results? You want my paper trade results?. When I say "you gotta want it" means that to maintain an adequate portfolio of spreads takes a bit of work and interpretation and of course some contribution to the group. "Retail Punter"? = Yes ALWAYS in a new market. Yes, paper trading for 6 months, why? Because I can afford it. Can you?

#49     Sep 18, 2014
  10. convexx

convexx

It's commonly-referred to as being "pot-committed" as in you've just blown $7,500 and you're sitting there with nothing to show for it but your thumb up your ass.

Haha, crack-spread consultant, hookers and blow! On second though, let's forget the spreads altogether!"

#50     Sep 18, 2014
    Jimmy Ray likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.